Husqvarna 395xp real or fake ?

2308jamie

22 hours ago, adw said:

Looks genuine to me, for the last two years the 390/395 and 3120 have been produced in Brazil, they are still produced there but cannot be exported to Europe as they no longer meet the emissions laws, by producing them there they can more easily feed the non emission caring countries, so to conclude the saw is genuine.

Thats interesting, because at the press launch of the new 550 mk2 and 545 mk2, the Husqvarna guy said ALL their models, across the world will meet the highest emission standards, regardless of which country the saw is built in or destined for. 

I would therefore be surprised if they are still making the bigger saws even in Brazil.

Looks like its old stock brazilian market saw if it is genuine.

1 hour ago, adw said:

I can assure you sir they are and have been produced in Brazil, the 346 and 357 are also still produced, and they no longer meet the current emission figures, so who told you that story?

Husqvarna, at the press release of the 550 mark 2 and 545 mark 2.

20 hours ago, josharb87 said:

Husqvarna, at the press release of the 550 mark 2 and 545 mark 2.

There's a pretty good metric most of us use for telling when a salesman is lying...

..... An Mercedes build their cheaper model saloons there too. So it's probably a fair saw to do yr big stuff with [emoji4] k

To back up your point, a couple of parts bought from a Mercedes dealer last week were marked as being made in China. German prices however[emoji15]
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was just down the local shop today. Was considering a 395 since our 288 is nothing but problems. The one we saw was made in Brasil, complete with the fake-looking serial plaque. €1250 for the PHO is what they wanted.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I came upon a university research article on Husqvarna's production. The gist of it was that the Brazil plant was set up along the same lines as the swedish plant making quality professional grade saws. The USA plant is set up along Ford production  lines making  "Consumer" saws for the home owner market. I don't have a date on the research paper but Brazil stuff was made by higher skilled techicians rather than mass produced high volume production lines using semi skilled and unskilled american labour. It makes sense as in South America the demand for top quality logging saws would be much higher than sparsely worked home owner and farm saws when compared with the USA.