Julian Assange

eggsarascal

The yanks want to grill him to figure out whether Hillary's emails were given to wikileaks by Russians or by Americans. The anti-Trump forces are pushing the Russian narrative - but there are pro Trump voices saying the emails were leaked to wikileaks by Democrat insiders supporting Sanders (Seth Rich - R.I.P). No coincidence that Assange is nabbed just as the Meuller report is about to be released. Brexit Party launched. Israeli elects Netayahu a fifth term. Uranus enters Taurus. Etc. For real.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

The yanks want to grill him to figure out whether Hillary's emails were given to wikileaks by Russians or by Americans. The anti-Trump forces are pushing the Russian narrative - but there are pro Trump voices saying the emails were leaked to wikileaks by Democrat insiders supporting Sanders (Seth Rich - R.I.P). No coincidence that Assange is nabbed just as the Meuller report is about to be released. Brexit Party launched. Israeli elects Netayahu a fifth term. Uranus enters Taurus. Etc. For real.

No answer to the original question then.

I feel that he holed up to avoid being questioned about the sex allegations firstly and should face the music for failing to appear in court, then have to face the other charges in strict chronological order! 

Will I'm not happy with "whistle blowing", but believe that sometimes, the truth needs to be there, my strong moral compass says that Manning signed an official document not to blab and broke that law, and Assange aided and abetted that crime too!

All that blather about "serving a sentence in the embassy" is cobblers,  he was free to walk out at any time and if he was innocent, he would be found not guilty!

The bloke and his like are narcissistic attention seekers who think that the law and morals/scruples are to be played with to suit himself!

And Corbyn has dropped lower than a snakes ass in saying he shouldn't face extradition - this isn't politics but crime! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I feel that he holed up to avoid being questioned about the sex allegations firstly and should face the music for failing to appear in court, then have to face the other charges in strict chronological order! 

Will I'm not happy with "whistle blowing", but believe that sometimes, the truth needs to be there, my strong moral compass says that Manning signed an official document not to blab and broke that law, and Assange aided and abetted that crime too!

All that blather about "serving a sentence in the embassy" is cobblers,  he was free to walk out at any time and if he was innocent, he would be found not guilty!

The bloke and his like are narcissistic attention seekers who think that the law and morals/scruples are to be played with to suit himself!

And Corbyn has dropped lower than a snakes ass in saying he shouldn't face extradition - this isn't politics but crime! 

I thought that the sex allegations had been done away with?

Failing to appear in court, I suffered that many, many years ago, got 30 days.

Manning... I know nothing about.

Did anyone say he served his sentence in an embassy?, he's not guilty, yet.

Edited by eggsarascal

The Swedes apparently dropped that as they couldn't arrest and investigate because he holed up!

Bradley/Chelsea Manning was the American Service person who gave thousands of filed to wikileaks. His job involved signing their version of the Official Secrets Act, and blabbing meant he broke his contract with the army. Fundamentally, if you cannot keep quiet, you don't join! If you don't obey orders, however much they offend your sensibilities, you don't join the forces. Orders are the basis of the work!

Their is a recording of Assange, a public speech, he says that he has been imprisoned against his will, at the embassy for seven years. He was free to walk out the door at any point. He was previously under house arrest, under bail, but he broke those conditions because he knew that he was likely to get extradition to Sweden where it is believed he had behaved inappropriately with women.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PeteB said:

The Swedes apparently dropped that as they couldn't arrest and investigate because he holed up!

Bradley/Chelsea Manning was the American Service person who gave thousands of filed to wikileaks. His job involved signing their version of the Official Secrets Act, and blabbing meant he broke his contract with the army. Fundamentally, if you cannot keep quiet, you don't join! If you don't obey orders, however much they offend your sensibilities, you don't join the forces. Orders are the basis of the work!

Their is a recording of Assange, a public speech, he says that he has been imprisoned against his will, at the embassy for seven years. He was free to walk out the door at any point. He was previously under house arrest, under bail, but he broke those conditions because he knew that he was likely to get extradition to Sweden where it is believed he had behaved inappropriately with women.

Here’s another one who broke his contract with his Army

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28330605 

thoughts?

If your army/your country is illegally killing and torturing and keeping it under wraps, I can understand why people blow the whistle.

Signing a piece of paper does not absolve you of human responsibility.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Here’s another one who broke his contract with his Army

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28330605 

thoughts?

If your army/your country is illegally killing and torturing and keeping it under wraps, I can understand why people blow the whistle.

Signing a piece of paper does not absolve you of human responsibility.

what he said - main thrust of the Nuremberg trials

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1