Anybody recognise this one?

yorkshire pudding

No i'm not kidding, i'm asking.

Was 1st thing before i had to get to working on it, still quite dark.

Looks quite a distinctive funghi, purple/pinkish colouring, lot's of "blisters" on top of the bracket.

Was hoping for someone who's very familier with fungus to be able to tell me.

I'll take my lighting set up next time.:001_rolleyes:

I should be strung up for trying to id from we got here frankly but my money would have to be on one of the following culprits.....( probably Perenniporia fraxinea )

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/fungi-pictures/238-perenniporia-fraxinea.html

AIE - Tree Fungi - Perenniporia

or maybe this one (Rigidoporous ulmarius )

AIE - Tree Fungi - Rigidoporus ulmarius

There are some distinguishing features. Look them up and compare with your observations mate.

Anybody else got opinion ( learned opinions please,,,dont make me wish I hadnt tried to confuse the man!! )

Perrenniporia fraxinea is the closest i could come to refering to pic's books etc, but still does'nt resemble it closely enough for my liking.

I'm still learning to be honest, been a tree monkey for 17 years, only just took my RFS last thursday, so appreciate any feedback, all helps broaden my knowledge.

Don't worry Brundle 2, i'm not usualy easilly confused, only if you speak to me in Latin:001_huh: :biggrin:

Just so you know, perreniporia should be a consitant colour through out, hence fraxinea as in like ash wood, same colour through. rigidiporus will have distinct changes in colour and I am certain it is not this, Please also shoot the wood at stum level as i am VERY interested in the rot characteristics of perreniporia fraxinea, very few records of it so do let us help you get a good ident.