Aspen 2

Jack.P

Just wondering Has anyone had any dodgy batch of aspen 2 stroke ? My long reach trimmer usually runs spot on with very little smoke but today having opened a new container of aspen it was  very smokey but ran  like normal .i was wondering if its likely to be a rich mix of oil as it's premixed or bad quality oil ?( the Aspen was purchased only a few months ago )

No I haven't had any bad stuff. I've been running all my 2-strokes on it for 5 or 6 years and my wee chipper on the 4 for nearly as long.

I would be gobsmacked if the problem there is the fuel and not the machine.  My HS81 smokes a bit but it always has and is the only machine that does.

Hi Jack,

It is highly unlikely that the blend ratio would vary enough to visually make a noticable difference on the amount of smoke produced between batches of Aspen 2. The way that the oil is blended into the fuel ensures that the mix ratio stays super consistent, much much better than you or i could achieve when mixing using traditional methods.

Possible thoughts:

1) Has the machine been used on regular fuel since the last time it was run on Aspen? i ask this because Aspen can have a cleaning effect where it gets rid of the carbon build up from previous fuel/oil mixtures in the exhaust.

2) Has anything been changed on the machine since it was last used? if it runs fine apart from the smoke it is unlikely to have any issues.

3) perhaps the temperature was much colder when the machine was used this time which can make it look like it was making more smoke? consider how you can see your breath on a cold day.

Axel@aaoil

• Like 2