Sawdust in the eyes

gobbypunk

What are those goggles from Sthil like I will have a look for them , one thing Optrex is sort of expensive and don’t last that long , it’s mostly whitch hazel and sterile water , it would be cool to make my own but how much whitch hazel to mix in anybody know a herbalist 

Since you're asking...  Wednesday week ago we were getting down a dead hung up tree in woodland.  The top was roped and I was cutting chunks off the bottom; it didn't matter what the tree did once it was shortened by a quarter or so.

I cut another chunk off and the tree sat on it.  I couldn't push it off and my mate couldn't pull it off with a rope so I did a sort of rugby pass at the base of the stem with a ?40kg lump I'd cut off the bottom a moment earlier.

Bang went my right knee.

Minor Injuries, crutches, paracetamol for three days, then ibuprofen.  I've stopped the crutches, have paid for an orthopaedic surgeon consultation and have an MRI tonight!

The suspicion is a slight tear to the ACL and general wrenching of other ligaments.  Happily The Man doesn't foresee a need for surgery, just time and rest.

Are you feeling a bit better Mark?!

Edited by nepia

Sounds daft but works.
Slices of wet potato on the closed eyes is rather cooling.
Recommended by a doctor after I got bad arc eye, and the opticians after removing bits of cement.
[emoji3]
As far as accidents go...
The hole where I stabbed the file tang is healing well, except when trying to push trailers.[emoji51]
Stay safe Gobby
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Ha so it seems I am not alone , hope you get back on your feet soon Nepia glad to hear you don’t need surgery , eyes are much better tonight, but defo the worst thing that’s happened to them when I left the house yesterday morning to head to A and E I just couldn’t see F ###ing scary

Stay Safe Guys   Mark

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Sounds daft but works.
Slices of wet potato on the closed eyes is rather cooling.
Recommended by a doctor after I got bad arc eye, and the opticians after removing bits of cement.
emoji3.png
As far as accidents go...
The hole where I stabbed the file tang is healing well, except when trying to push trailers.emoji51.png
Stay safe Gobby
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Ah, arc eye.. that's a painful one. Ended up in a and e for that too.. looked like I'd spent the week with the jamaican dope smoking team!

Not as sore as jumping over a high sided trailer and misjudging it, slipping and landing a leg either side. Fractured tailbone and a badly bruised ball. Agony.

What are those goggles from Sthil like I will have a look for them , one thing Optrex is sort of expensive and don’t last that long , it’s mostly whitch hazel and sterile water , it would be cool to make my own but how much whitch hazel to mix in anybody know a herbalist 
Make sure if your making your own "optrex" that the witch hazel you use isn't the topical application type - contains surgical spirits. My neighbours mrs found out why there's a difference when her hubby helpfully made her some eye tonic to aid a sore eye condition. - a day later the inevitable visit to A&E occurred followed by a month of decreasing steroid eye drops.
Sorry to hear of the next in an everlasting catalogue of bad shit situ's Gobby. You mustav been a real wrongun in a previous life !!

7 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

I was just wondering if I am accident prone my girlfriend is saying I have more mishaps than anybody she has ever known

Maybe she doesn't know anyone else in such a dangerous profession.

Mind you, it's not my place to moralize, what with the number of times I have left off some protective clothing, just for a quick job. There but for the grace of God, etc.

• Like 1