Husqvarna 50 Rancher (white top)

lumin

Hi,

I have just dug out of my grandpas garage our old husqvarna 50 rancher for a tuneup.

New fuel and filter, new spark plug  and the saw started up 3rd pull.

I did 20 mins of cutting to warm it up before doing a carb adjustment *saw idled fine.

Turned both screws on carb full clockwise then turned them both back one full turn (according to manual).

The saw now won't idle  but runs fine at full open.

I can't do carb adjustment without the saw idling first:( 

I am not new to chainsaw tech but I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Could the carb gasket be leaking air or am I missing something unique to this saw?

Additionally the saw oiler releases allot of oil while running is there a flow adjustment screw or is this a pump gasket thing?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Lumin

Edited by lumin

Have you put in a new carb kit yet?  Dias get stiff and wont pump or flow.

Try 1.25 to 1.5 turns out on your L side.

IMO maybe try 1.25  on H to be on safe side till you figure out where you are. So not to be to lean. JMO

One I had got for dad.

h50r.jpg

Edited by Cut4fun
info

The oil pump is fixed so there is no adjustment, if there is a leak it worth changing the pick up pipe and delivery seal, the pump body is sandwiched between these so relys on a tight fit. The 1 turn out on H and L screw is only a basic starting point so you will have to fine adjust from here, turn the idle screw up to achieve an idle, then adjust the L screw, the H screw should really be adjusted using a tachometer so as not to over the engine, the max rpm should be around 12000.