Husky 266se

tim361

When I started cutting in the forests in 1987 the 266XP was the saw the main price work cutters used. Most lads would start off with a Husky 61

The forestry men (state forestry before it became Coillte Teoranta) used mostly 266SE or some had 162SE.

i don’t know what the difference was between the SE and XP,  I never seen an SE on display in any of the saw dealers of the time, just XP.

would still be a good saw for ringing firewood 

• Like 1

Depends on your likely use of the saw blah blah blah. If you are a full time arb type then forget it but if you are a farmer, log burner owner or similar, top saw and solid build.

It will cut wood and would suit a lighter user as saws have got lighter over the last few years.

True that , I would not use one professionally cutting, can’t stand them to be honest but last time I used one I would of been when I was 16-17 and probably not man enough to use it!
Heavy , old school vibes and hard to start... stick in my mind oh and temperamental in the heat.. when I got my hands on a 262 I never wanted to pick up another 266 !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MattyF said:

True that , I would not use one professionally cutting, can’t stand them to be honest but last time I used one I would of been when I was 16-17 and probably not man enough to use it!
Heavy , old school vibes and hard to start... stick in my mind oh and temperamental in the heat.. when I got my hands on a 262 I never wanted to pick up another 266 !

10 hours ago, MattyF said:

Heretic.....! ? ( two with points n a packet of gravel...) k

I had an older 266 which was ok apart from the effort required to start it.. the final one we owned was a complete dog and was never right from the start had at least two pots on it... either way it like many saws I have used in the past I am glad they have been replaced, apart from nostalgia they have nothing that makes them appealing to use for a days cutting now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MattyF said:

I had an older 266 which was ok apart from the effort required to start it.. the final one we owned was a complete dog and was never right from the start had at least two pots on it... either way it like many saws I have used in the past I am glad they have been replaced, apart from nostalgia they have nothing that makes them appealing to use for a days cutting now.

changed days,266xp was the boy back in the early 80s.

• Like 1