Emissions, Global warming or a scam

Echo

7 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

“Fusion is a major challenge, but one that must be tackled. We believe that with collaboration, dedication and investment, fusion will be the best means of achieving deep decarbonisation of the global energy supply in the 2030s and beyond.”

I'm not convinced, but the amount of wires and gadgets on display is impressive.

Uk private effort

fusion3.jpg.c73967d54d701aa4508a27d8ec3d95e3.jpg

big experiment coming together in France

470D203E00000578-5152621-image-a-17_1512583982355.jpg.18ef35577de3b14c9691100dd77c5882.jpg

A US one with algorithm work by Google

tae1x2360.thumb.jpg.c4ed613d5f786ef4ae4324859ac8aeb3.jpg

lots of components in the quest to make an artificial Sun

tae4x1200.thumb.jpg.d58caf793ef467f1887781186e7a4e66.jpg

....... Looks better than my wiring efforts on my Series II Landrover is all I will say :) k

Edited by Khriss
.... But not by much....!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

"but scientific studies indicate that the average global volcanic output is insignificant when compared to emissions from human activity. "

...being a significant quote about CO2

....or more like this , 80 ton per day of SO2, from a satellite survey of a volcanoe, now don't start asking me to verify data from institutes as I have a day job an walk to work, k

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5343458/

On 08/04/2019 at 18:30, Haironyourchest said:

Yeah...I been taking a sabbatical from the internet last few days - phone trouble.. had a long rant on the other Global Warming thread. Heard a thing on YouTube the other day that made sense to me, to paraphrase: The most powerful institutions in the world are banks. Banks care about money, and nothing else. Banks make money by lending money intelligently. They have the resources to hire people who are very very good at making accurate predictions about the long term future. Yes, they occasionally get it wrong, but mostly they get it right, or they wouldn't have such vast wealth. Banks have been, and continue to invest in seafront realestate and development to the tune of trillions a year. Some of these investments are decades long loans. Twenty years ago the "climate scientists" were telling us many of these seafront areas would be underwater by the year 2000. They were wrong. In 2000, they were saying they would be underwater by 2020. We're not there yet, 8 months to go, but I think it's safe to say, they were wrong. A lot of angst was suffered for years by millions of people because of predictions that were just plain wrong. And the banks knew it the whole time. The kept investing, and continue to invest, in seafront development. Just a thought...

Times they are a changin  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47941180

Edited by Woodworks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You know how there has been endless press on how methane from cattle and sheep is so bad for the environment? Well if this is right all the figures have been faulty from the start and methane is a non issue for UK meat production 

WWW.BVA.CO.UK

Chief Executive at Farmwel, ffinlo Costain argues that grass-based cattle and sheep systems can be climate neutral by...

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

You know how there has been endless press on how methane from cattle and sheep is so bad for the environment? Well if this is right all the figures have been faulty from the start and methane is a non issue for UK meat production 

WWW.BVA.CO.UK

Chief Executive at Farmwel, ffinlo Costain argues that grass-based cattle and sheep systems can be climate neutral by...

That is a very interesting article.  As always it shows the true answer to reducing man made climate change is not simple.  Just the same with palm oil - some of it is grown in a sustainable way - it doesn’t have to cause deforestation.  It is all about local appropriate management of methods and outcomes.  

The developed world should certainly reduce meat consumption, but not necessarily by becoming vegan.

• Like 1