OPM Course

treevolution

Unfortunately I have seen a big increase in OPM nest in the area that I work and starting to get calls to remove the nests.

I have yet to say yes to the work but can see that I will have to start offering the service to try and help stop the spread of it.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a course I could take so I can learn how to deal with the pest in the proper manner.

Thanks

2 hours ago, treevolution said:

Will have a look tonight.

Not got PA1 so will look into that as well.

The PA1 is straight forward if you are okay with simple maths, calibrating chemicals to the correct ratio, nozzle output of the sprayer, walking speed etc

I know guys who have been spraying treatment for brown tail moths, pretty sure they only have the standard PA1/PA6 combination ticket, nothing specific for this target.

Edited by The avantgardener

There is a OPM awareness Day being held by the forestry commission in May in Richmond Park if anyone is interested.

[email protected]

Use this email to book a place.

The aa doesn't offer any courses as of yet but did direct me to Bartlett.

It would be great to see an organisation offer a complete course as I can see that in time the whole of the country could be having to deal with the pest.

As Khriss said, hairspray bag and burn. I've met guys who wear full waterproofs for it and have someone hose you down afterwards as the hairs can get through the cheap white suits. Invest in a half decent respirator.

Where did are you, out of curiosity? Just wondering how far they've spread. I'm so bitter about opm in the UK, it should never have happened, and when it did they should've tested it seriously. It really is horrible stuff...