OPM Course

treevolution

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Seems that they are spreading exponentially?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/toxic-caterpillar-invasion-spiralling-out-of-control-following-phenomenal-population-explosion-a4053786.html

Dunno if they can be stopped but they seem to be losing the "battle" ?

'didn't seem a big issue' somebody obviously didn't do their homework eh...? Germany have spent millions spraying forests with helicopters, and they're still spreading. Thing is that they don't spread 'thinly' either, when they're present, they seem to be present in large numbers. 

Harsh as it seems I think they should be creating an exclusion zone. Draw a ring on a map and fell a 4 mile wide strip in the oaks throughout. Only issue is they can diversify on tree species. I've found them in red oaks and heard of them in hornbeam and sweet chestnut. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

As Khriss said, hairspray bag and burn. I've met guys who wear full waterproofs for it and have someone hose you down afterwards as the hairs can get through the cheap white suits. Invest in a half decent respirator.

Where did are you, out of curiosity? Just wondering how far they've spread. I'm so bitter about opm in the UK, it should never have happened, and when it did they should've tested it seriously. It really is horrible stuff...

I'm based by Heathrow on the south side just outside the red zone.

Every Oak tree I been to look to quote for work has had OPM.

I've had the rush before and it took 5 days to go and a course of steroid  tablets.

There really needs to be better education in how we can try and contain it and as professionals what we can do.

3 minutes ago, treevolution said:

I'm based by Heathrow on the south side just outside the red zone.

Every Oak tree I been to look to quote for work has had OPM.

I've had the rush before and it took 5 days to go and a course of steroid  tablets.

There really needs to be better education in how we can try and contain it and as professionals what we can do.

Ah dear, that's a rough number like...

Yeah I've had a lot of contact with them and have a pretty severe skin reaction which gets worse with each exposure. I hardly sleep for about five days and it usually lasts about seven. After years of having a terrible time I tried anti histamines and had a mild itch for a day, that was it. Highly recommend soaking to a doctor and getting done strong anti histamines.