Husqvarna 550 Mk 2 or older MS 261-CM

Echo

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

You said " quality of fuel "  You miss led me .   I am saying it adjusts the amount of air to the mix ( 40:1 if you like ) to suit ambient conditions , altitude , temp , partially blocked air filter etc . 

Ah, sorry about that Stubby, I avoid bad petrol big time, I meant different rations of oil in the petrol, younger ones may not be too concerned, I have the jugs with the scale and do my best to be consistent.

The autotune adjusts the amount of fuel for the given state of the saw. If there is an air leak, it richens the system, if the air filter is blocked, it leans the system. You can see this in the figures on the interface. The AT doesn't adjust the air content, the carb, whatever its type, adjusts the amount of fuel to work with the air available which should be just the air flowing through the carb on a good engine.

The AT will not monitor or differentiate the mix, type of fuel, heat of the engine etc. It really isn't that clever, may be one day but not yet!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, carlos said:

no just thought it a funny name

Well he is a guy from Texas who does a lot of porting and has been doing it for a long time, has a lot of success with it, and is in my opinion the man to trust regarding what works and what does not.

5 minutes ago, spudulike said:

The autotune adjusts the amount of fuel for the given state of the saw. If there is an air leak, it richens the system, if the air filter is blocked, it leans the system. You can see this in the figures on the interface. The AT doesn't adjust the air content, the carb, whatever its type, adjusts the amount of fuel to work with the air available which should be just the air flowing through the carb on a good engine.

The AT will not monitor or differentiate the mix, type of fuel, heat of the engine etc. It really isn't that clever, may be one day but not yet!

So there is no temperature measurements taken by the AT system, if this is so, then you have saved me from myself, I know the MT measures temperature, and can slow down an overly hot engine, I heard this from some people who port them.

Echo, all warranty comes with conditions I would have thought someone like yourself who spends quite some time looking for the smallest thing would know and understand this ? 

It was not "my" dealer I was referring to but , if you are where you say the north of the country, Kee's which would be your local official dealer who is both Husqvarna and Stihl dealers and when working in that area spoke to several other people who all spoke well of them so apart from the list of problems you seem to have with saws you must also be unlucky with them ? 

You posted that after lending the most recent saw to someone and when it came back it was starting in a different manner, why didn't you lend them your unburstable 041 ? 

Just because MMWS uses 40-1 will not mean it will be the same with our European petrol...

By MT I assume you mean Mtronic, I would be interested to hear how the system registers the temperature of the engine. The AT system does register the temperature of the carb, to register the temperature of the engine, you would need a thermistor or thermocouple etc embedded in to the exhaust side of the engine and there isn't one that I have ever seen to date.

Perhaps if the carb temp gets too high, the Mtronic system richens the system as a safety device - different to monitoring engine temp!

• Like 1

But it would need to monitor that temperature to add more fuel to the engine.

31 minutes ago, outinthewood said:

Echo, all warranty comes with conditions I would have thought someone like yourself who spends quite some time looking for the smallest thing would know and understand this ? 

It was not "my" dealer I was referring to but , if you are where you say the north of the country, Kee's which would be your local official dealer who is both Husqvarna and Stihl dealers and when working in that area spoke to several other people who all spoke well of them so apart from the list of problems you seem to have with saws you must also be unlucky with them ? 

You posted that after lending the most recent saw to someone and when it came back it was starting in a different manner, why didn't you lend them your unburstable 041 ? 

Just because MMWS uses 40-1 will not mean it will be the same with our European petrol...

Did you read what I wrote at all, the read more link does not work on the Husqvarna site,

so you expect me to buy a product only to find a load of disclaimers in the small print, wise up.

And if I had loaned my old 041, you would have something to say about that too.

Your about as much help as my local dealer.

OK, then how is the AT getting info on the temperature of the engine. There is nothing on the cylinder or exhaust so how is this happening? The chainsaw system is pretty basic compared to automotive OBD2 systems.

My take is that the saw takes the RPM reading and adjusts the mix accordingly, same as you would with a tach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Echo said:

Well he is a guy from Texas who does a lot of porting and has been doing it for a long time, has a lot of success with it, and is in my opinion the man to trust regarding what works and what does not.

I'm originally from Texas - Randy Evans, a good man and great saw porter, and someone I consider a good friend who has shared so much of his knowledge with me I've forgotten much of it, is from Tennessee.

http://mastermindsaws.com/

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wyk said:

I'm originally from Texas - Randy Evans, a good man and great saw porter, and someone I consider a good friend who has shared so much of his knowledge with me I've forgotten much of it, is from Tennessee.

http://mastermindsaws.com/

Small world wyk, yes, he seems like a really clued in individual, and a good sort too by all accounts.