Wood chip arson. CCTV

tonytree

Went to the field I rent to store wood chip to find it all smoking. Didn’t burn in all but about 30%.

Someone dragged some logs and rakings over to start it l, really don’t know what is wrong with people.

Wouldn’t of been that long maybe 3 weeks to a month and I would of had it all collected.

Anyway are there any cctv I can hide?

The only thing is there isn’t any electric on the site and was wondering what is available.

• Like 1

I really can’t see the point if they just burned the rakings I’d have thanked them haha. But when some one drags some rakings over to a chip pile and sets it on fire I really don’t get it.

I’m not overly bothered about the chip but a public footpath cuts through the land. I don’t want to upset people that think I’m burning a massive pile of Woodchip.

Just had a look they are what I want, I might get a couple.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonytree said:

Can anyone recommend a good trail cam?

Hi if you do buy a trail cam get one with black LEDs as if they are acctivated in the dark they don,t show up, and you get to keep your camera along with the footage it has captured,

• Like 2

Bushnell are good, what you need to think is were you can mount it and work out which one will do that distance.

Also no flash so it is not seen at night or  it will be what the go for.

You could try a couple of cheap signs and something that looks like a camera may work

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 1

Uttings have a sale on trail cameras at moment. 

Thanks, I just had a look and the one I want is out of stock. As I want a cellular one that goes straight to my phone so I can then go and catch them in the act.

Even if I don’t get them the putting a fire out that has only just been started will be a lot easier then putting one out that’s been going for 4 days.

I saw a dog walker and they told me it had been going since Saturday.