quoting insurance jobs

forestboy1978

7 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Where were you getting the trees?

Maybe, just maybe, the other Co buys 100's of trees and get very good rates, maybe they grow their own, etc, etc.

Can't remember. Did the quote a couple of months ago. Didn't spend a lot of time looking around to be honest for such a small job so could be the case.

18 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Keep telling yourself that if it helps.

In answer to your original question if you’re referring to tree work for insurance companies, ie after storm work etc. It’s a very good earner for me.

I get a call about a tree leaning on a house or whatever, I drop everything get there, do it, and charge double at least.

The money that I charge is peanuts compared to the whole claim if there’s roof damage or the like.

I don't follow what you're saying. 

I'm mainly referring to fencing and landscaping though. Subsidence scenarios, car crashes etc. Often small but not always. 

I quote to do it right and don't win them. Where as on the whole I win 75% of all quotes tendered.

3 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I don't follow what you're saying. 

I'm mainly referring to fencing and landscaping though. Subsidence scenarios, car crashes etc. Often small but not always. 

I quote to do it right and don't win them. Where as on the whole I win 75% of all quotes tendered.

What aren’t you following?

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

What aren’t you following?

Well you're saying you charge a lot and win your insurance quotes. I generally don't charge a huge amount and I still never win them and in fencing my reputation is close to impeccable so that's not the reason. I don't get it. 

19 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Agree entirely with mick.

how much cheaper was the other quote? Could have been 50p, 50p is 50p to an insurance co!

Were they working to the same spec?

I lost a replanting of an avenue job last year on price, the winning company planted smaller than spec trees! 

Here, insurance companies only require multiple quotes over 2k. Under 2k they judge if it’s reasonable, normally all ways is as mick says, the tree on the roof is the lowest cost 

if if you never win ins jobs, stop quoting for them? 

You are right it might have been 50p. I'll find out.

But I may stop quoting them after I've tendered a bunch more to make sure I'm not just on a streak. 

• Like 1

Quoting insurance work is always an opportunity to make more money than usual, especially after a nationwide windy spell. When asked to quote, get out there all tooled up and ready to deal with anything, be bold and write that juicy quote out, sit in the truck while the householder calls the insurance company, then get that tree cut up off the drive, or get the windblown on the deck, and with luck you’ll be driving away having made 3 days coin in 3 hours, and on to the next insurance job.

• Like 3