Mini stump grinders.

lux

It gets used a lot and has not missed a beat, teeth are ok but the bolts supplied break quite often so I have upgraded them. I bought a load of spare teeth but as soon as they are gone I will redrill the wheel to take greenteeth.

Bob

A37029F0-5A16-4A7A-9C90-A1D013F09F68_zps

F2017924-39C7-4C9E-AAD1-40FD0F89F30E_zps

Those standard teeth are silly money aren’t they.
From what I’ve seen you need to increase clearance to allow 700 green teeth. There is a full conversion kit for rock machinery grinders but it doubles the cost of the grinder ! I’d imagine you’d have to be very accurate if redrilling the existing wheel otherwise it will shake itself to bits.

The Dosko 200-6h is very worthy in my opinion. They now have 500 series Greenteeth. To convert an old model over with fresh flywheel its really cheap and they are animals. 1 man lift onto a pickup and they take up very little space so lost time over say a 13hp Rayco is off set by the fact its one visit to site (if you have a smaller pickup). If truck space and man power are plentiful, go 13hp type machines, if not buy the little Dosko. 

Only snag can be its light weight pulling it into the stump as you grind.

The Dosko 200-6h is very worthy in my opinion. They now have 500 series Greenteeth. To convert an old model over with fresh flywheel its really cheap and they are animals. 1 man lift onto a pickup and they take up very little space so lost time over say a 13hp Rayco is off set by the fact its one visit to site (if you have a smaller pickup). If truck space and man power are plentiful, go 13hp type machines, if not buy the little Dosko. 
Only snag can be its light weight pulling it into the stump as you grind.

I like dosko. I’ve been using the 27 Hp for years.
That said their 13 hp machine is useless on the basis it’s too heavy to lift easily and is heavy to push on anything but flat ground.
I didn’t know they were still selling the little machine. Dosko is now the danequip variation on the full size machine.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lux said:

Those standard teeth are silly money aren’t they.
From what I’ve seen you need to increase clearance to allow 700 green teeth. There is a full conversion kit for rock machinery grinders but it doubles the cost of the grinder ! I’d imagine you’d have to be very accurate if redrilling the existing wheel otherwise it will shake itself to bits.

Its no problem knocking up a new wheel, I have an old clunker of a lathe and mill so it wont cost more than about £30 for a decent blank and a few hours of an evening to spin one up . I just need to find something I can measure and  copy.

Bob

imagejpg3_zpsc5082ba6.jpg

imagejpg5_zps998ea7cb.jpg

• Like 4

I've got an Alpine Magnum I would let go for £1000 if anyone wants it?
Comes with a new set of teeth. I just don't seem to use it these days as my 20hp Rayco fits through a 29" gap.
Magnum is a good tool with a Husky 3120 running it. Bloody thirsty though!
I am in Suffolk.
SG

Will yours fit onto a stihl ? I’ve got a couple of 660s it could be used on.