Abc Level 2

Ricky92

Hey guys, I work as a gardener and I'm keen to get a forestry qualification. I'm looking at doing the Abc level 2. Do you guys think it's worth it? I've also heard you can make it into the Rfs level 2, is there much difference between the 2? Thanks 

The ABC L2 is a great course and you will learn a lot of stuff that will give you a greater understanding of how trees grow and develop - as well as a lot of industry best practice and legislations.

The RFS L2 is now known as the ABC L2 ( ABC= Awards Body Consortium) so it’s basically a rebrand...... think snickers and marathon ??

• Thanks 1

ITs a good starting point, I did the course with Treelife (Tutor was excellent...)  - went to their classroom based course for 12 Mondays spread over 9 months, really enjoyed the experience, met some interesting people and its given me a good grounding.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help guys. I've just noticed on the HCC (horticultural correspondents college) website that they offer the HCC level 3 diploma. Do you think this course would be worth doing? It isn't nationally recognised, however I already have  level 3 diploma in horticulture and feel the Abc level 2 may overlap slightly. 

I'm looking for a qualification to aid my employability rather than act as a career change if that makes sense. 

Thanks again

3 hours ago, Ricky92 said:

Thanks for the help guys. I've just noticed on the HCC (horticultural correspondents college) website that they offer the HCC level 3 diploma. Do you think this course would be worth doing? It isn't nationally recognised, however I already have  level 3 diploma in horticulture and feel the Abc level 2 may overlap slightly. 

I'm looking for a qualification to aid my employability rather than act as a career change if that makes sense. 

Thanks again

If its not on the NQF, QCF, RQF, or whatever else they are calling it these days it isn't really recognised at all, either nationally, internationally, or locally.  So, no I wouldn't bother.  I looked at the HCC L6 dip years ago and it was out of date in terms of what they were delivering.  I did the ABC L6 and it was excellent. 

Have a look on the ABC website at the syllabus for the L2 and L4 arb.  You should be able to see if they overlap and what would be best.  Arb is different to hort though (I have done both), yes there may be some overlap but there will also be stuff that is different.         

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ricky92 said:

Thanks a lot Chris, ideally I would have liked ABC level 3 but can't find a distance learning course anywhere

No problem. 

ABC don't do L3 for Arb.  Its L2, L4, or L6.  I'm not sure about L2 but I am pretty sure Tree Life do L4 as distance learning, they call it tree-mail, or at least they did a couple of years ago.  Its probably worth giving them a call to discuss your options.  They are an excellent training provider. 

Their number is - 0116 260 6939