Spying on subcontractors

simonm

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

This is where the rub is.

But it's up to us if we wanna get stuck in & not have dinner to get off site earlier, works still done it's not cost them anymore they get paid & so do we. Not into this whole go slow drag it out thing.

1 minute ago, simonm said:

But it's up to us if we wanna get stuck in & not have dinner to get off site earlier, works still done it's not cost them anymore they get paid & so do we. Not into this whole go slow drag it out thing.

I get where you are coming from, but the contract is time on site, not if the job gets done to the correct spec. 

I'm not into stopping for lunch if I can get off early. I eat and drink on the hoof so that I can get off early.

4 minutes ago, simonm said:

But how does the boss know this? How does he gauge your honesty? Would you prefer to keep a log? That might work? But even then its just your word. If you have 30 minutes for lunch then leave 30 minutes earlier then surely you should inform them of this? So they know why the site is empty 30 minutes earlier. 

Plus with the ipad, surely you can disable tracking once you clock off? Agree that you're not tracked before or after the working day?

3 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

If you want to work for someone you need to play by their rules, it’s pretty simple really. I’d personally argue the tablet charge but otherwise what they are asking seems reasonable to me. 

I don't work for them, this is the difference. 

7 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

But how does the boss know this? How does he gauge your honesty? Would you prefer to keep a log? That might work? But even then its just your word. If you have 30 minutes for lunch then leave 30 minutes earlier then surely you should inform them of this? So they know why the site is empty 30 minutes earlier. 

Plus with the ipad, surely you can disable tracking once you clock off? Agree that you're not tracked before or after the working day?

The area manager checks up on us to see what we're doing, we also ping pictures of before during & after over when we have finished. He is fine with us going when done as we bail him out when we have to work over. But due to other subbies doing half arsed jobs we all seem to be considered one idle by those at the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

You're onto a winner here. You can get to site in the morning, hide the ipad, then go off to another job for the day ?

I thought about tie wrapping it to the dog for the day, once they see it whizzing around we would probably get a pay rise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1