TP chipper: anyone got any experience?

Andrew L

How did you demo go? TP had a following many years ago with the Osbourne's as dealers but lost the way in the face of more popular brands like TW, GreenMech and so on. Nothing wrong with them intrinsically but not seen too many about to give a valued opinion. The list of people who looked at this thread and didn't reply would say the same too. I'm told that Wilson's have a good reputation amongst some of the forestry people, but again, I've no personal buying experience. What made you book the demo? What ticked your boxes?

• Like 1

Great chippers, buy from Wilson’s.  Excellent customer service, but you won’t really need it as they don’t really break down.  I’ve only ever needed to buy belts every few years.  Ran them for over 15 years, never had a beak down.  

These were all PTO chippers.

Ask for Simon Clingam at Wilson

• Like 2

Cheers all.  Demo was good.  Liked the design and layout. Everything easy to get to for servicing etc.  The 2016 demo with 6 hrs registered did had quite a lot of roller wear??  My only other worry is that it is maybe a touch too small (155mm infeed and 24bhp).  Still dithering,,,

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2019 at 19:16, Andrew McEwan said:

Did you look at the TP175? have been impressed with mine, solid fast chipper

Andy is yours the Vario and is the enjun turbo charged,  whas it like when maxed out on max sized sticks?

Edited by wicklamulla
spelling

38 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

Andy is yours the Vario and is the enjun turbo charged,  whas it like when maxed out on max sized sticks?

Just standard spout on mine Ken as it is the pto verision, (sorry should've said) and is behind a 50hp alpine so doesn't slow for much. There is a vid on fb of it on some billets we had to chip, and they are nicely made and laid out, and nice to get a galv chassis, are you adding to the fleet or thinking of chopping in the quadchip?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...