Jump to content
Just the worker

Climbing helmets

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Me. Chipper ear defenders on both, but they work better on the ground helmet. It saved my last week several times from blackthorn and have branches crashing down in me while hedge clearing.

whats the difference between the two lids then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Me. Chipper ear defenders on both, but they work better on the ground helmet. It saved my last week several times from blackthorn and have branches crashing down in me while hedge clearing.

Why would you wear ear defenders with such a high SNR up a tree?

 

Sounds like the curious kind of idea that the tree cutting department of a power distribution company would come up with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, carlos said:

whats the difference between the two lids then?

Climbing helmet Stein Kask, ground helmet Husqvarna branded. The ear defenders make a poor seal on the head with the climbing helmet, I don't know why, but others have found the same problem. 

13 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Why would you wear ear defenders with such a high SNR up a tree?

 

Sounds like the curious kind of idea that the tree cutting department of a power distribution company would come up with. 

Very sensitive ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stein/kask helmets are total pants. I was overjoyed when a smashed mine and got a petzl again. Endless screws coming off, horrid sweaty material inside that falls off its velcro, ear defenders dont seal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
does anyone have two helmets then? one for up and one for down, i would not of thought so.

id say side impact protection is a good idea on the ground too, not just climbing.

Sadly yes , I have the husky tech for forestry and then my usual climbing lid for any thing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Very sensitive ears.

Fair play, mate.

 

No one's ears want to hear bad things said against them.

 

:- )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carlos said:

does anyone have two helmets then? one for up and one for down, i would not of thought so.

id say side impact protection is a good idea on the ground too, not just climbing.

Erm... I've got a Husky forestry helmet for being on the floor and a Stein with chipper muffs for climbing. (I don't like noise) 

 

....and a Stein one for Rec climbing when I don't need any ear defenders

 

..... and just got a Protos and a Sena as well. :blushing:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

I have a Petzl helmet with Peltor muffs and find that the muffs don't seal well (probably due to my oversized neep).  Has anyone else had this? Can you suggest a more suitable st of defenders for the helmet?

 

i use msa sordins( think there called that) on my vertex vent and they are fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tommy_B said:

Erm... I've got a Husky forestry helmet for being on the floor and a Stein with chipper muffs for climbing. (I don't like noise) 

 

....and a Stein one for Rec climbing when I don't need any ear defenders

 

..... and just got a Protos and a Sena as well. :blushing:

flash git!! ;)

feeling a bit hard done by now with my one lonely lid. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.