Car battery courier

Con

Does anyone know a national parcel courier that will take car batteries.

Bit of a strange one. Had a battery delivered (by yodel)

It's the wrong size. Tried to send it back with yodel. They say they don't take batteries as do all the other couriers I've tried?

Had this with some used leisure batteries I bought. It's a pita. Some companies will only do sealed new batteries. I'd ask the seller to arrange courier. Failing that. Parcel it up real good and say it's a box of bolts or something heavy.

Plenty of companies manage to send batteries by courier!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Can you get the battery company to arrange collection? They must have an arrangement I guess.

Trying to. Reading their return policy it states that the customer must pay for returns, but doesn't say if they arrange collection. Not the easiest co. to deal with  they sent the wrong battery so I suppose that says it all

3 hours ago, Con said:

Does anyone know a national parcel courier that will take car batteries.

Bit of a strange one. Had a battery delivered (by yodel)

It's the wrong size. Tried to send it back with yodel. They say they don't take batteries as do all the other couriers I've tried?

If it is a personal sale over the internet it's not your problem if they supplied a different battery than the one you ordered.  You can simply reject the goods within 14 days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with sending oil now . JCB used to do a 5ltr pack in foil , then a cardboard carton and then wrapped in cellophane . it was an easy sale and no issues with sending , especially with other items in another larger box. they stopped this packaging and now use the normal thin plastic container ,like everyone else does, with leaky lids so unable to dispatch now. If anyone knows of an oil supplier that does this old style please tell me. Gareth of Green Plant 01483 235111