Predator p38 vs bandit zt

swinny

Never used one or the other, but just the specs tell me to go with the p38. 

Grinds deeper, grinds higher is wider and narrower on demand and travels twice as fast. The 400 kgs will not make a day and night difference on the ground, maybe during transport depending on the vehicle. 

Got an 1120kg tracked grinder, when not careful and you jump from a curb on a tile, they crack. Always use logs or planks and you're fine, that's the price of a tracked machine. 

Three point turns on turf with wide arcs work fine avoiding damage. 

And keep your 252 as backup or for really sensitve areas. 

Edited by marne

I run a zt, delivered late January done about 25 hours now, great machine. I was wondering if I would be disappointed by 300mm depth as opposed to the 450mm depth of the predator...odd times I need to go deeper just dig out under tracks or pop a lump of wood under the rear of the track.. never tried a predator but had a look at some 2nd hand predators but seemed to shake themselves to bits...loads of welding and bolts missing. Heavy as well. And expensive.
Bandit affordable, capable, powerful and well made. Have a chat with Dean from global recycling. He posts on here

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm cheers for that. Still wondering what to look at [emoji3] keep looking at a few jobs and seeing i need to be creative to get the grinder in due to width! 

I do need the 26 or 29” wide machine 
I run a little fsi b20 alongside the zt (which I had before my zt). Get pretty much anywhere with the two

4 hours ago, DanBous said:
5 hours ago, swinny said:
Hmmm cheers for that. Still wondering what to look at emoji3.png keep looking at a few jobs and seeing i need to be creative to get the grinder in due to width! 

I do need the 26 or 29” wide machine 

I run a little fsi b20 alongside the zt (which I had before my zt). Get pretty much anywhere with the two

Im more of a one machine man nowadays..... In fairness i did used to have a hb20n and hated it..... Dont want to go down the pedestrian route again