When do you really upgrade your chipper?

GTS

Mark it’s done all the things everyone said it would do, chips faster, fills the truck up quicker, be more involved in upkeep and from where I get out to work I can hitch up the trailer it runs on, pike all the equipment on I need for the day and drag the whole lot out to the truck, onto the job and move around onsite under its own steam if necessary or just use it as a standard road tow if it’s domestic work. I have managed to keep working, up to get, getting out of real muddy conditions and keeping all safe at night too. 

833BC2E9-AA02-4F9E-A8A0-75A4CB38E67A.jpeg

25983AC7-98FA-4CBC-A99A-675C78B7757D.jpeg

Edited by GTS
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, GTS said:

Mark it’s done all the things everyone said it would do, chips faster, fills the truck up quicker, be more involved in upkeep and from where I get out to work I can hitch up the trailer it runs on, pike all the equipment on I need for the day and drag the whole lot out to the truck, onto the job and move around onsite under its own steam if necessary or just use it as a standard road tow if it’s domestic work. I have managed to keep working, up to get, getting out of real muddy conditions and keeping all safe at night too. 

833BC2E9-AA02-4F9E-A8A0-75A4CB38E67A.jpeg

25983AC7-98FA-4CBC-A99A-675C78B7757D.jpeg

Very nice set up...who sorted you out at Global(Rod,Elliott) did they see you ok on the price?

Shires hi, the deal was sorted by Andy Gould. Andy put together a really fair px and arranged a really cheap finance deal. Dan engineered the tow pack and replaced some fairly big worn out bits. It’s a top job all round solid and strong. I’m very happy with it all?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GTS said:

Shires hi, the deal was sorted by Andy Gould. Andy put together a really fair px and arranged a really cheap finance deal. Dan engineered the tow pack and replaced some fairly big worn out bits. It’s a top job all round solid and strong. I’m very happy with it all?

O ok..Andy is sorting out a petrol 165 for me...I like Dan always very helpful even with the smallest of issues...yep real nice set up you got there fella,should last you a good while before you need to change it?

8 hours ago, 5 shires said:

O ok..Andy is sorting out a petrol 165 for me...I like Dan always very helpful even with the smallest of issues...yep real nice set up you got there fella,should last you a good while before you need to change it?

Hi Shires

Can I ask how good you think the new Evo is and how much better then a Greenmech 150.

Just wondering if it's worth upgrading.

Also what made you go petrol rather than diesel.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, treevolution said:

Hi Shires

Can I ask how good you think the new Evo is and how much better then a Greenmech 150.

Just wondering if it's worth upgrading.

Also what made you go petrol rather than diesel.

Thanks

Morning fella...yes no problem I will give some feedback on the Evo after I have had it on loan for a week...I went for the petrol because that’s all I have ever used...never had a diesel Chipper...I started of with crappy second hand Chippers then upgraded to a 130 had that for a while then traded that in for a 150p and now looking at trading that in for a Evo 165p...just prefer petrol that’s all really.

Edited by 5 shires

On 22/01/2020 at 12:53, GTS said:

Guys thanks for your help. Just before Christmas I went the chipper route. Global Sales sorted and prepped this one for me, happy days

Looks like the most sensible option in all respects. I upgraded to a Jensen A540 turntable 4 years ago and it was a game changer. A year later I managed to add a Forst TR6 to the kit, and that opened up more options - like taking the hopper off the gate through narrow gates in rear gardens when customer will keep the chip.

If I could only have the one chipper it would be the TR6 or the GM quadrac. 

Having said that the Jensen is fantastic.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Morning fella...yes no problem I will give some feedback on the Evo after I have had it on loan for a week...I went for the petrol because that’s all I have ever used...never had a diesel Chipper...I started of with crappy second hand Chippers then upgraded to a 130 had that for a while then traded that in for a 150p and now looking at trading that in for a Evo 165p...just prefer petrol that’s all really.

Be good to hear a review on the Evo.

Was just wondering if you throught the petrol one would be better as it has 11hp more.