Sugi hara bar

eddystihl

22 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I'm quite put off by cheap bar and chain deals like those Kox.eu offer.

The bars may come with 4 or 5 chains but my bars only seem to last 2-3 chains before wearing renders them useless.

I'm using Aspen chain oil which I have done since 2011.

This might be a element in the wear factor on larger bars and so will turn up the oilers to max on all saws.

So, I've taken the plunge and ordered 2 Sugihara bars from Rob in the hope they really are worth the Yen.

However now I see this German site pricing is much lower than Rob's...meh!

One Sugi bar is almost as much as one Kox bar and 5 chains!

Stuart

what part of your cheap bars is wearing out?

the sugi bars really seem to last, plus when talking about them you can use a stupid Japanese kung fu voice, where as stihl rolomatic you cant, its a no brainer really :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, carlos said:

what part of your cheap bars is wearing out?

the sugi bars really seem to last, plus when talking about them you can use a stupid Japanese kung fu voice, where as stihl rolomatic you cant, its a no brainer really :) 

Don't you use the " German prison camp guard voice " with the Stihl bar ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Don't you use the " German prison camp guard voice " with the Stihl bar ?

no i havent but may try cant see it working tho.

husky bar voice???? too busy wondering where all the paint has gone after 5min use??? :)

• Haha 1

i have 2 tsumura lights and a solid and a 8 sugi light bars ,superb , tough as hell and real high quality ,will outlast most bars by 4 times probably , the steel is exact same properties and rockwell hardness on rails as each other  but made in seperate factories not a conglomeration company  but the replacable  noses are different , the sugi is similar to oregon tips facing in towards the saw but the tsumura faces out , sugi bars have 5 rivets on the roller nose bearing and tsumura has 4  and some has 5 ,so dunno really , but anyhoo i love them both 

images.jpg

IMG_9124.jpg

Edited by huskywilson

All my saws have Sugi pro light bars  I have tried loads over the years including GB , Windsor , Husky , Canon , Oregon etc etc and these are the most hard wearing bars ever ,in the wold , X 10 ! . . 

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I assume the interior of the rails. 

As the chain enters the wood it starts to tighten on the bar and cut at an angle, refusing to go further.

Stuart

sounds more like the bar is bent, i have found the when the groove in the bar is worn the bar still works but the side to side play means the chain wobbles too much resulting in a slow cut,

either way if a new bar and same old chain fixes the problem, then thats the way to go, sugi ones are good.

So you guys breaking the sugi LW bars over there? 

Been seeing some posted over the years and now a video. 

I like the Tsu bars myself.  Dealer told me he sees way less Tsu breaking compared to what he called common problem with the sugi LW bars.

Edited by Cut4fun
spell

IMO the Tsumura are marginally Better regarding wear and slightly less friction in the rails and sprocket nose.
But ask the seller About weight, stiffnes !
He Also have files for square filing,  look in the PFERD drop down menu

You have tried the square file..?

So you guys breaking the sugi LW bars over there? 

Been seeing some posted over the years and now a video. 

I like the Tsu bars myself.  Dealer told me he sees way less Tsu breaking compared to what he called common problem with the sugi LW bars.

Yeah , all of mine have had at least one nose sprocket replacement.. I don’t think the LW bars are that light either, to me they feel noticeably more cumbersome when I had two 560’s one with an Oregon pro lite and one with the sugi you could notice that by the afternoon.
They are strong bars though , just the nose sprockets are maybe to hard in my opinion and prone to shatter.