UPS missing parcel

Haha!

For what it’s worth mate I’ve had things go astray and there’s normally an innocent explanation.

Hope you get a result.

Honey Brothers are a top company, and their UPS service is normally great.

I’m lucky though, I live in the sticks and my neighbours are superb (and long suffering).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Bolam said:

Haha!

For what it’s worth mate I’ve had things go astray and there’s normally an innocent explanation.

Hope you get a result.

Honey Brothers are a top company, and their UPS service is normally great.

I’m lucky though, I live in the sticks and my neighbours are superb (and long suffering).

Yes Honey bros are a brilliant company, so good they are our only supplier now . UPS have never done me wrong. 

Its a a total one off.

I have one Neighbour that’s an ar*ehole. I’ve made a small order to see the UPS guy and ask him what the score is.

cheers Gaz

Most of the couriers are pretty good, Hermes are generally the worst and DHL, Parcelforce, DPD, APC etc pretty good. In a situation like this it is best to get hold of the actual delivery driver that made the original delivery. If it went to a neighbour you have an issue with, it is likely he has it but has been slow to come forward.

They usually leave a docket saying where the parcel is - DPD take photos which is a good idea but the rest usually deliver to another location and use the docket to say where it is and post it through your box.

In the couriers defence, I have had some right old shyte saws posted to me in crisp boxes, saws stinking of fuel and the contents breaking out of the box due to no packing material or crap box. Our DHL guy is often out until 8-9PM so it cuts both ways.

Hope you get hold of the goods, the law is that the lack of delivery is with the supplier however fair that is in this case!

• Like 2

I have a delivery driver who will sign on my behalf and leave it in a location that we have agreed on . This is great for me but could also work the other way if the driver were dishonest . Not saying he is but it could happen . 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I have a delivery driver who will sign on my behalf and leave it in a location that we have agreed on . This is great for me but could also work the other way if the driver were dishonest . Not saying he is but it could happen . 

In delivery companies you get shit bag and have come across a few.

• 1 month later...

The DPD driver who does my village is great, leaves everything in the log shed or just in the front door if it's unlocked.

UPS are awkward buggers though. Bearing in mind I live in rural Scotland, private enclosed garden not visible from the street. Crime isn't an issue. I ordered some wee traffic cones from Honeys and the driver refused to leave them in the log shed incase someone stole them. I mean, seriously. They're traffic cones. I had to drive an hour each way to pick them up from the depot. I've had chainsaws left in the log shed before. Right faff, and why I don't shop from Honeys any more, despite their good service. 

Most couriers I use are good fellas and work damn hard against silly time schedules. You have to look at the bigger picture and the pressure they are under. Easy to criticize the one parcel that goes wobbly but in the main, most of them are pretty damn good.

• Like 1