Rippled Beech any body

spuddog0507

Hi we have a hardwood clear fell to start on Monday and while i was there this week i noticed this tree in the middle of the stand so will NOT be full of nails and washing lines, it looks a interesting piece of timber and rough diameter i would say 500-550 it may be bigger but will get a better spec when this monsoon has eased off, it must be worth something to some one for milling, if interested please PM me,tree is still stood and could be left for a few week yet the said tree is located near J3 M65,

20190316_103607.jpg

20190316_103620.jpg

The ripple isn't likely to manifest itself in the timber, sadly. Beech doesn't often show rippled figure, even if the bark suggests it would. I may be wrong though.

Alternatively, find a lady giant and market it as the sex toy she's always needed. Ribbed for her pleasure, and all that. ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

Its wrinkly and old...... its just up your street! emoji6.png?

You know what you can do with yourself,,,,, i dont mind one or two small wrinkles but there,s just a few to many for me there and they would take some face paint to level out,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyz05 said:

Out of curiosity, what actually causes that ripple?

you beat me to it as i have been asked the same question now several times and i cant answer it, so may be someone can ?? i think its some sort of stress related issue ? but proberbly wrong,

16 hours ago, Big J said:

The ripple isn't likely to manifest itself in the timber, sadly. Beech doesn't often show rippled figure, even if the bark suggests it would. I may be wrong though.

Alternatively, find a lady giant and market it as the sex toy she's always needed. Ribbed for her pleasure, and all that. ?

the tree you cut for me had quite a few beams that were nicely figure J.

i think this tree is an exception and will be nicely figured.

whoever gets to cut it up i am interested.

• Like 1