Cops at the door....

Vespasian

Just thought I'd relate a story about yesterday's events...  

Stood in the kitchen pasting a couple of cream crackers with some cheap Pate' I'd bought from Aldi the day before and I hears a voice at the door..  Hello, you in there!..   who the fk is that I thinks, Err Yea, who is it I shouts, as you do.. Its the Police....    

I went to open the door and two cops are stood there, one in uniform one dressed in plain cloths..   What have I done now I ask jokingly..

Oh it might be nothing as yet.  I could tell he'd sussed me out and I just didn't look or act like I had somethin to hide... like a typical criminal caught off guard so to speak..

Well how can I help you I said..   We're looking for a stolen mini digger, and its pings coming out that building over there, he pointed to the large garage at the side of the house...  Oh I thinks, perhaps someones put a stolen digger in there why I was away for a day or so..   couldn't wait to open it and hope to see someones thievery come to ruin.  

I got the key fob and walked to the garage exited at the prospect that a crime might be solved in a few moments time,  but I had my doubts..  what you lookin for I asked..   a kubota mini digger they said, just as the door was winding up and exposing the arms of our one an half ton Kubota mini digger..   we've had this a while I said, welcome to check the numbers I said.nervously.. well you never know, it might of bin bought legit but stolen before?.

No its a micro digger stolen from round Liverpool.. Oh well take a look round see that theres nowt here stolen, you can check all our other buildings as well  I said...   they looked a bit cheesed off that they hadn't found the digger but satisfied I wasn't a criminal..   it was somethin I suppose.

They poked around a bit looking through the buildings, who's is that place over there they asked, oh its my sisters place, lives round the corner..  might want to go round and see her if you fancy checking that place over..  I left em to it...   

Gets a phone call later in the day asking why the cops had been parked up down the track and why a digger and dumper had been loaded onto a trailer later that afternoon..    

What colour digger was it I said, white!...   thats a bit funny I thinks, they were looking for an orange one..

I asked my nethew if he'd had a mini digger taken by the police..  Oh yea, digger and dumper..  what that white one you was painting a couple of weeks back, yea that one and that dumper I had as well...

hahahahaha  I've told him a million times not to buy dodgy tackle.. turns out they went on his place and made him open all his sheds buildings and lockups and checked everything in em,...  what did you tell em I asked, told em I was storing them for a man called John..   a traveler..   Oh you did did you..

Yea this John and his crew get a bit intimidating and they threatened me he told them..  well that digger and dumper turned out cheap didn't they I said..  

The moral of the story is don't be buying cheap knocked off goods..  and even if your tackle is stolen, you never know it might be returned one day...

Not to mention the police are out there doing their jobs, not sat on their arses as some would have us believe.....

I didn't see the police after I showed em round the place but I'm sure they felt they'd had a good day going from thinking they might come away with one micro digger instead going away with a mini digger plus a bonus of a one ton dumper..   

a case of losing a penny and finding a pound for those two fella's...   well done..

Two sides to every coin. I got invited, not arrested, to give an interview under caution a while back, I couldn't get my solicitor, the police officer, and my timing to fall in with what the old bill wanted, they said they would arrest me if I didn't turn up when they wanted me to, although they'd told me and my solicitor that they had no grounds to arrest me!, my solicitor juggled her diary and I went to give a statement with her alongside. I've not heard a word from the old bill since. A total waste of mine. my solicitors, and police time.

• Like 1

Over 20 years ago I was working for Ushers tree works based in Nth London and during a normal day was sent out to Regents Park on an emergency job on a large Willow that had lost a part of it's crown into a small pond. During the job there was a lot of police activity including a helicopter landing. This had nothing to do with what happened next but was one of my defences, why did the guy not approach them ? As I was climbing the Willow I did notice an older man watching me and it did cross my mind that he was not impressed !

A couple of days later the boss, Rob Usher, called me over and told me the police wanted to speak to me and my groundsman, he asked me to keep him out as much as possible as he had a few problems when he was younger, no problem I thought !! Rang the WPC up and told her in answer to her questions about an supposed assault that we knew nothing, had seen nothing etc but she was more than pushy ...I new at this stage there was more to this. I agreed to attend the stn and when I arrived I knew I was right when she said "are you …. …. ?" I said yes and I was placed under arrest for assault. It turned out that the guy I had seen was a doctor that two days after seeing us had made a complaint that we had pushed him into the pond and pushed him around !!! The WPC was without any doubt sure this had happened and I was released on bail, the PC I could see was more than sure about my account but he was just the sidekick. She placed adverts in all the local papers etc and only after a month on bail was I told "No further action " and that was only after I kept phoning the stn demanding an answer, even when I got her to speak to me about what was happening she left me in no doubt that "we" had got away with an awful crime !! Lesson taken on board. The whole story is quite involved but at one stage I was asked "what were you wearing ?" I pointed to my chainsaw trousers to which it was put to me " they could look like waders ?" the gent had by all accounts said we were wearing waders ….think back to what 20 years ago chainsaw trousers looked like, mostly like a wet looking nylon fabric, it was at that point I knew she had a problem with me ! I did keep the groundsman out of it !!

6 hours ago, outinthewood said:

Over 20 years ago I was working for Ushers tree works based in Nth London and during a normal day was sent out to Regents Park on an emergency job on a large Willow that had lost a part of it's crown into a small pond. During the job there was a lot of police activity including a helicopter landing. This had nothing to do with what happened next but was one of my defences, why did the guy not approach them ? As I was climbing the Willow I did notice an older man watching me and it did cross my mind that he was not impressed !

A couple of days later the boss, Rob Usher, called me over and told me the police wanted to speak to me and my groundsman, he asked me to keep him out as much as possible as he had a few problems when he was younger, no problem I thought !! Rang the WPC up and told her in answer to her questions about an supposed assault that we knew nothing, had seen nothing etc but she was more than pushy ...I new at this stage there was more to this. I agreed to attend the stn and when I arrived I knew I was right when she said "are you …. …. ?" I said yes and I was placed under arrest for assault. It turned out that the guy I had seen was a doctor that two days after seeing us had made a complaint that we had pushed him into the pond and pushed him around !!! The WPC was without any doubt sure this had happened and I was released on bail, the PC I could see was more than sure about my account but he was just the sidekick. She placed adverts in all the local papers etc and only after a month on bail was I told "No further action " and that was only after I kept phoning the stn demanding an answer, even when I got her to speak to me about what was happening she left me in no doubt that "we" had got away with an awful crime !! Lesson taken on board. The whole story is quite involved but at one stage I was asked "what were you wearing ?" I pointed to my chainsaw trousers to which it was put to me " they could look like waders ?" the gent had by all accounts said we were wearing waders ….think back to what 20 years ago chainsaw trousers looked like, mostly like a wet looking nylon fabric, it was at that point I knew she had a problem with me ! I did keep the groundsman out of it !!

Crazy story. I suppose, to an extent, accusations of assault must to be taken seriously.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Recently discussed this with the wife, i.e. false accusations of assault, more from a marriage breakup perspective, and our sad conclusion was "get your retaliation in first" , since the Police appear to believe the accuser, even though if from pure vindictive motivations the accusation is false.

Quite why the Police appear to be unable to understand how  base human nature works is perplexing.

mth

11 hours ago, Vespasian said:

Just thought I'd relate a story about yesterday's events...  

Stood in the kitchen pasting a couple of cream crackers with some cheap Pate' I'd bought from Aldi the day before and I hears a voice at the door..  Hello, you in there!..   who the fk is that I thinks, Err Yea, who is it I shouts, as you do.. Its the Police....    

I went to open the door and two cops are stood there, one in uniform one dressed in plain cloths..   What have I done now I ask jokingly..

Oh it might be nothing as yet.  I could tell he'd sussed me out and I just didn't look or act like I had somethin to hide... like a typical criminal caught off guard so to speak..

Well how can I help you I said..   We're looking for a stolen mini digger, and its pings coming out that building over there, he pointed to the large garage at the side of the house...  Oh I thinks, perhaps someones put a stolen digger in there why I was away for a day or so..   couldn't wait to open it and hope to see someones thievery come to ruin.  

I got the key fob and walked to the garage exited at the prospect that a crime might be solved in a few moments time,  but I had my doubts..  what you lookin for I asked..   a kubota mini digger they said, just as the door was winding up and exposing the arms of our one an half ton Kubota mini digger..   we've had this a while I said, welcome to check the numbers I said.nervously.. well you never know, it might of bin bought legit but stolen before?.

No its a micro digger stolen from round Liverpool.. Oh well take a look round see that theres nowt here stolen, you can check all our other buildings as well  I said...   they looked a bit cheesed off that they hadn't found the digger but satisfied I wasn't a criminal..   it was somethin I suppose.

They poked around a bit looking through the buildings, who's is that place over there they asked, oh its my sisters place, lives round the corner..  might want to go round and see her if you fancy checking that place over..  I left em to it...   

Gets a phone call later in the day asking why the cops had been parked up down the track and why a digger and dumper had been loaded onto a trailer later that afternoon..    

What colour digger was it I said, white!...   thats a bit funny I thinks, they were looking for an orange one..

I asked my nethew if he'd had a mini digger taken by the police..  Oh yea, digger and dumper..  what that white one you was painting a couple of weeks back, yea that one and that dumper I had as well...

hahahahaha  I've told him a million times not to buy dodgy tackle.. turns out they went on his place and made him open all his sheds buildings and lockups and checked everything in em,...  what did you tell em I asked, told em I was storing them for a man called John..   a traveler..   Oh you did did you..

Yea this John and his crew get a bit intimidating and they threatened me he told them..  well that digger and dumper turned out cheap didn't they I said..  

The moral of the story is don't be buying cheap knocked off goods..  and even if your tackle is stolen, you never know it might be returned one day...

Not to mention the police are out there doing their jobs, not sat on their arses as some would have us believe.....

I didn't see the police after I showed em round the place but I'm sure they felt they'd had a good day going from thinking they might come away with one micro digger instead going away with a mini digger plus a bonus of a one ton dumper..   

a case of losing a penny and finding a pound for those two fella's...   well done..

Hopefully your nephew gets charged with handling stolen goods, dirty little thief. 

• Like 3