What was the best ever stove you have/had?

A large-ish Woodwarm (12kw) multifuel. Easy and fast to lite, great heat, controllable and well made. Also kept the glass perfectly clean. Used various other stoves over the years Jotul , Morso Squirrel,  Burley, Saey Scope and none are as good to use. 

I have 2 at either end of the money/name scale, cannot fault either for value and warmth and would recommend both...1 is a small well known British make that does the job and after 12 years still has very little maintenance (Hunter Hawk4).

Then I have this 14KW beast from China for £380 that gives out immense heat for little fuel, been running for 3 years fault free...Glass does blacken quick tho unlike the Hunter.

1 minute ago, hplp said:

Now thats a odd looking one.

H

The pipes act as convectors. Cold air sucked in the bottom, pumped out the top. It's very effective indeed. Lovely long firebox on it too, so no stupid short logs.

17 minutes ago, Big J said:

The pipes act as convectors. Cold air sucked in the bottom, pumped out the top. It's very effective indeed. Lovely long firebox on it too, so no stupid short logs.

Aye I thought as much. Im just surprised that Ive never seen reference or a picture of one before.

H

1 minute ago, hplp said:

Aye I thought as much. Im just surprised that Ive never seen reference or a picture of one before.

H

Quite popular in Germany. We only got rid of ours as we needed a bit more heat output (it was 11kw) and the fireplace recess we had couldn't accommodate a larger version of it. Works really well as a stand-alone, feature stove in a large room.

3 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Its sold as an industrial boiler, cant see to many ladies allowing that in their lounge !!

A

They look incredibly striking in the right room. Much more interesting than the tedious square boxes that seem to dominate the market here. This is my daughter sat next to my uncle's Bullerjan in his lounge a couple of years ago:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, table, living room and indoor

• Like 1