Ms362c being a right pita

Thesnarlingbadger

Hi guys and gals,

My MS362C keeps cutting out on idle and then to start it up again you need to put it in to full throttle and yank the pull cord. Ive been just ignoring it until now but I’ve lent my 26 to my apprentice to do his CS30/31 this week.

I’ve just been cutting up a load of firewood in the yard this morning and every time I but the bloody thing down it cuts out. I’ve changed the spark over and checked the clutch springs which all seem fine. My next thought would be it’s a fuel issue and possible have the carb sorted with a computer.

I’m hoping I can just do some work bench stuff to sort it as I can’t be putting it in to the shop until I get the 26 back next week.

Any common issues these saws have that I should know about? Anything obvious to check?

Thanks in advance

It’s the worst saw I’ve ever owned, mine didn’t even make it to 18months old all the same issues. Had to go to a main dealer as it needs plugging into a bloody laptop, they estimated me just over £400 [emoji43]. But could cost more(obviously). Never had problems with the 341 or 361 .

It’s the worst saw I’ve ever owned, mine didn’t even make it to 18months old all the same issues. Had to go to a main dealer as it needs plugging into a bloody laptop, they estimated me just over £400 [emoji43]. But could cost more(obviously). Never had problems with the 341 or 361 .

?‍♂️ I bloody hope I don’t have the same issue. Yeah other than the decent power to weight the saw has been nothing but crap imo.

I would say bloody good clean out n new filters n go from there. Horrific how some people let their saws get - not pointing finger BTW , might find a cracked wire or split gasket ? K

Yeah I gave it a good clean out with an compressor. The saw was spotless this morning but still same issue. I may have to take the fuel lines out and blow them through. May have some crap in there.

7 minutes ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Yeah I gave it a good clean out with an compressor. The saw was spotless this morning but still same issue. I may have to take the fuel lines out and blow them through. May have some crap in there.

Splits in pipes are another barrel of laffs.  Always something stupid you miss in my experience. K

I had the same issues with my 560. After a few years of hating the thing I took it to my dealer expecting it to go to scrap or cost me a packet. They did a load of software updates, cleaned the carb, replaced filters etc. It runs better than new now and cost me about £100. 

Totally different saw I know but sometimes these things surprise you...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Hi guys and gals,

My MS362C keeps cutting out on idle and then to start it up again you need to put it in to full throttle and yank the pull cord. Ive been just ignoring it until now but I’ve lent my 26 to my apprentice to do his CS30/31 this week.

I’ve just been cutting up a load of firewood in the yard this morning and every time I but the bloody thing down it cuts out. I’ve changed the spark over and checked the clutch springs which all seem fine. My next thought would be it’s a fuel issue and possible have the carb sorted with a computer.

I’m hoping I can just do some work bench stuff to sort it as I can’t be putting it in to the shop until I get the 26 back next week.

Any common issues these saws have that I should know about? Anything obvious to check?

Thanks in advance

Mine never ran right from the day I bought it. Multiple trips back to the dealer then they kept hold of it for ages and delivered it back the day the warranty expired! Still wouldnt run, ended up chucking it to the back of the shed and buying a husky.

Edited by Tree Man Tom
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1