Ms362c being a right pita

Thesnarlingbadger

• 3 weeks later...

So I chained the Solenoid and still no luck. The outside of the carb was pretty dusty so I wonder if crap had gone in further but it seems spotless inside. I can clean it out with some carb cleaner tomorrow but in my experience this early changes anything.

Any idea how much it costs to get one retuned on computers? I miss the old tuning systems. My 200t is a 2007 model and still runs fine and if it plays up a simple tuning screw driver usually sorts it.

Bloody modern tech eh ?‍♂️.

• Like 1

Putting it on the computer won't fix it. About all it will do is reset the high and low setting and little else. 

If doing the solenoid hasn't fixed it, it sounds like something else is wrong and that could be damaged plug, wrong coil gap, worn pump diaphragm, worn needle valve, weak metering arm, distorted diaphragm, blocked gauze strainer, blocked fuel filter, split fuel line, blocked tank breather etc etc......

You either spend ages looking for it or pay someone else to do it.

The solenoid was the most common fix and the most likely! 

• Like 1

Putting it on the computer won't fix it. About all it will do is reset the high and low setting and little else. 
If doing the solenoid hasn't fixed it, it sounds like something else is wrong and that could be damaged plug, wrong coil gap, worn pump diaphragm, worn needle valve, weak metering arm, distorted diaphragm, blocked gauze strainer, blocked fuel filter, split fuel line, blocked tank breather etc etc......
You either spend ages looking for it or pay someone else to do it.
The solenoid was the most common fix and the most likely! 

Ok great. I’ve changed the spark first off as I had one knocking around. Blown the fuel lines out, checked the fuel filters and checked the lines for splits, done the card test on the coil gap. I’m thinking I’ll take the carb out and giving it a clean then going through the electrical wires. To be honest it sounds like a saw that isn’t idling correctly. I’ll keep searching. Thanks Spud

So it’s finally sorted. I took the carb apart and gave it a clean out with carb cleaner. Sprayed all the electrical components with contact cleaner. Started up ran through a few logs let it ticking ticking over. No cutting out, idling better and seems to have better revs.

It’s like a new saw again and it’s the first time cleaning a carb out has worked for me.

Thanks for the input people. Appreciate it as always.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
16 minutes ago, slim reaper said:

Old thread I know but did the ms362c have the same issues as the c-m. I have the chance of a little use c model from 2016 and wont bother travelling to view if it does

M denotes Mtronic, so if the saw doesn’t have that then you won’t have any of the electrical issues and will be able to tune the carb manually. 

• Thanks 1