Ms362c being a right pita

Thesnarlingbadger

One of reasons three older saws getting rebuild in my garage- sod paying money on new saws that have poorer work record than older kit. Currently three Husqvarna costing less than a one'r each to rebuild. ? ( seals pistons bearings sprockets) K

• Like 1

I had a new 362 last year, sold it after a month so had no trouble, other than starting,

I found it getting harder to start every day almost from the word go. Solenoids that are opening and closing lots like in the case of these saws are bound to wear out quick enough, not like a one that does little to nothing on a starter motor or similar that only gets a dab now and then, my worry would be the coils in these saws with the other electronics buried in them, am sure they won't be cheap.

I plan on a new saw in a while, 45 to 50 cc range, don't see Stihl having a pro saw in this size, so most likely the mk2 545 or 550 xp, am still afraid of the 261 saws, I just do not trust a company that would use soft metal in a crank, and do the dirty on their customers, its not that Stihl do not know how to make a saw, they chose to cut corners and that is just a total insult to those who buy their products.

In any event, I hope its something simple and the OP gets up and running soon, I suppose make sure the saw has no scores on the piston rings or barrel, the fuel filter is clean, the fuel lines are all good, and the carb is take down and cleaned, air filter is good, boot is good, coil is not moving, never looked at the coil setup on mine so not sure if it can be rotated regarding timing if it were to loosen, other than in and out, then as someone said, the solenoid may be the issue, its not difficult to change, how about the plug gap, not too small, how about a reset of the MT, or a recalibration. Even something as simple as a blocked spark arrestor can cause what you have going on.

Hope you get sorted

Edited by Echo

Thanks for the replies people. I’ve gone through all the obvious and blew a compressor through the lines. No scoring on the barrel (but I’m not sure this would cause the issue). The saw starts up fine and rips through timber alright but if you leave it for a few seconds without blipping the trigger it cuts out and this gets worse the walker the saw is. To be honest I can get by with it for now but will get a solenoid as £30 isn’t going to brake the bank. I will certainly be looking at getting a husky as my next mid range ground saw. But I have a old 261 that was a great saw, still looking to get that back up and running again when I get the time.