what's up with swearing?

westphalian

As the two topics of swearing and opposition to life choices have come up here, I feel I want to make my contribution.
Continued swearing shows a limited vocabulary on part of the swearer... People don't even use the words in the proper context. A bit more respect in the way we speak to each other and the way we describe others, could mean that when we disagree with others lifestyle choices, religion etc, we are actually able to agree to differ courteously and respectfully.
Disagreeing with someone's choice of lifestyle or religion etc., on grounds of conscience shouldn't mean that one is a "bigot", and shouldn't mean hatred towards that individual(s) group of people, but simply means one has their own views which they are quite entitled to. I was brought up a Bible believing Christian, and I do not use swear words (it is possible!!). Neither do I agree with Islam, but that doesn't mean I hate Muslims in general...I don't believe homosexuallity has Gods approval, but that doesn't mean I hate gay people. What people want to do is none of my business (until they start indoctrination of children). We are all humans on the same level. If we are supposed to all respect each other, I would like to see a cut to some of the blasphemy and mocking of traditional Christianity that I find on here. And it would be refreshing to see swearing cut out.
We belong to a great industry, and I enjoy this forum for its advice and support. I have a lot of respect for some of you guys on here as well.
Let's keep it clean and respectful [emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 8

Bloody hell guys this is getting stupid, most people in our industry swear , not in front of customers unless they are swearing like a trooper first, but sometimes a swear word is needed obviously you can put in #### but sometimes people forget , we have a really cool website,between us all the knowledge is amazing let’s not have stupid goes at each other for just being human can’t we all just get on 

• Like 3

There’s the point. I find that sort of post more worthy of censorship that swearing in context.
Who’s being a snowflake?
Why do you feel the need to call somebody a dick and pathetic?
Am I the pathetic dick?

Yep pretty much !
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, westphalian said:

There’s the point. I find that sort of post more worthy of censorship that swearing in context.

Who’s being a snowflake?

Why do you feel the need to call somebody a dick and pathetic?

Am I the pathetic dick?

edit. this was supposed to follow ian c, not danbous

1 hour ago, Ian C said:

Yep pretty much !

yeah, thanks for that.

this is beneath me.

you are way beneath me.

did you like that, prick?

people chasting peers like children should be beneath us all  

being a SUPER moderator doesnt make you SUPER

Edited by westphalian