Decent spiking boots

On my second pair of andrews cervinos and dont have a problem with spikes in them.

I use bashlins and treehog spikes,both have velcro tops and buckle foot straps.

Great boots for me.

Im shitting it they've ruined them with the change in design though

The thought of going through several type of boot to get to the right ones again is a reet bastard 

What an irritating thread. I just bought Mattys old new cervinos.

They seem alot lighter than rhe scafells I was on before (not scafell lites), slight harder soles, but seem good to me. Done some bits on spikes no bother ( not days and days on poles)

Anyways to me, having not worn the older Andrews they seem light and alot less clumpy to climb with than the scafells. Perhaps I'll end up reverting back to the scafells if I have a few days solid spike dismantling if I need to

Matty i was waiting for that pic to come off Insta?[emoji23] Have u had your freebies yet? The new Andrews is pants i must admit, much more clompy yet cheaper feeling if that makes any sense? At a risk of the PPE police getting me i tend to regularly climb in Scarpas now...

Don’t think I’ll get out from them , they just wanted to shut me up pete!
Bill I am sure I have the SRT foot loops some where for them and will try and dig them out for you ,glad they are working for you... I think if your used to any hi topped saw boots they would work great , nice and light but I would personally not go back to high tops . I do have a pair of fell hunters I brought for forestry barely used for that reason.. if jo wants them and wants to do a swap if he has any of his old mill legs hanging about.

As someone who spends 99.99999% of my climbing life in spurs I will say that the La Sportivas Makalu is the best spur boot I have ever used.  Super comfy when broken in, relatively light weight, and true all day support when standing in spurs.  After 40 years in spurs I have climbed in just about every lineman boot know to man, and all the latest and greatest climbing/mountaineer boots. If you spend a lot of time in gaff, give em' a try!  

Edited by Erik

Don’t think I’ll get out from them , they just wanted to shut me up pete!
Bill I am sure I have the SRT foot loops some where for them and will try and dig them out for you ,glad they are working for you... I think if your used to any hi topped saw boots they would work great , nice and light but I would personally not go back to high tops . I do have a pair of fell hunters I brought for forestry barely used for that reason.. if jo wants them and wants to do a swap if he has any of his old mill legs hanging about.
If you have the SRT footloops that would excellent, I was just wondering about them. I'll speak to jo about them, how much you after for them? Half tempted myself, dont mind the high tops when on the deck, and the scafells lasted so well.