Decent spiking boots

Sorry for the banal "What should I buy?" topic. I'm aware that Bolam is going to post a picture of fetish wear, but if any grown ups have a suggestion I'd like to hear it.

Looking for a pair of saw boots with a decent chunky heel for spikes that would also be not too clunky for normal climbing.

I like the look of the Andrew Cervinos as the built in for loop means I could do away with the tatty floop that lives on my boots. I've heard a few times that they're not the best for spiking in though.

Any recommendations or experiences?

I'll avoid the normal pictures of bondage stilettos etc. then.

I have the Andrews and personally find them great with spikes. And, as you know, I spike pretty much everything, especially on the back of the tree.

Built in loop is indeed handy.

Comfy from the off as well.

They might not suit your nail varnish though....

• Haha 2

Joe Andrews as spiking boots the Andrews are at the bottom for me ,I always looked for a reason not to wear spikes and the thought of spending a day on a pine spar with them on makes me wince ..they are great climbing boots don’t get me wrong probably the best I’ve worn until they slightly altered the design... I sold the last pair I brought after a week of using them ... just could not get on with them, I’m on my second week with the pfanner Pilates which at £180 quid and as soon as I put spikes on it made me remember what great spiking boots pfanner made , I could be in spikes all day and not know they are there, they also have the cut out tops , granted they feel a bit bulky in comparison to the Andrews but that soon goes.
If you do get the Andrews the SRT loop needs lock tight on when you assemble it.
Old Andrews , new Andrews and the Pilates to show you what I mean about the rear heal tops .. it’s a must for a climbing boot and what made the Andrews in the first place so good for climbing IMG_8467.jpg

• Like 1

To me mate as I’m pedantic like that ... I could not work out why they felt different as I’ve had three previous pairs and they gave me no bother at all from new, the last pair nearly crippled me after two days and I was back in my old ones just to walk!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MattyF said:

To me mate as I’m pedantic like that ... I could not work out why they felt different as I’ve had three previous pairs and they gave me no bother at all from new, the last pair nearly crippled me after two days and I was back in my old ones just to walk!

Cheers Matty, what was it particularly that made them bad for spiking?

I wouldn't no about the Andrew's but I can second Mattys liking for the phanner I wear pilates and they are great I've probably worn every kind of phanner boot including the matterhorns that are nearly 400 quid and these pilates are way better I personally think they are great value for money

• Like 1