Ticks away!

Roby

3 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Ok it kills insects.. but it won't do you any good either....also melts plastic and fecks up the taped seals on VERY expensive breathable fabrics....it's the active ingredient in jungle formula and many other nasty products, there are much more friendly alternatives, you just have to try then till you find something that suits you...

If any arsehole sprays Permethrin  anywhere near me just to kill a fly I GTF pronto after offering to shove the can  right up their wotsit...  it's evil shit.

Here's a link if anyone can be bothered

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/survivalist/2012/04/toxic-truth-about-deet-and-peremethrin 

I'm not an expert just came across it on utube..  some do rail against it mind..  

I'd just wear a tight fitting pair of keks myself, in fact ticks are somethin I never much think about.. sort of take my chances as not all of em carry limes disease...  

19 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I'd just wear a tight fitting pair of keks myself

Yeah, I've worked in the midges most of my life...preventing them getting in is no doubt the best solution... the same goes for ticks.

As far as lyme goes imo it's well worth arming yourself with up to date info and staying aware and checking yourself thoroughly each night...as if your unlucky enough to get infected recognising the symptoms quickly is key and it's unlikely that your GP will have a scoobydoo.

I had a lyme test done a couple of years ago by a busy GP practice in Glasgow....the nurse that took the blood has been there for years and she let it slip that it was the first Lyme test she'd ever been involved with and the GP couldn't tell me where they would send the sample to be tested... apparently that's important as many tests are inconclusive.  cheers.

• Like 1

I have had Lyme disease and many of the associated coinfections for 30 years. This shit is no joke, so trust me when I tell you that you do not want what I got. 

A spray containing DEET will help, but is not exactly healthy. Most of the herbal essential oil formulas I have tried have been pretty hit and miss in their effectiveness. Tick proof clothing? Really?  Your best line of defense is frequent inspections throughout the day, and educating yourself with the facts concerning ticks, Lyme disease, and the others coinfections associated with ticks.  If you do get bit the best thing you can do is save the tick and send it in for testing.   If there is any doubt take doxycycline for 4-6 weeks too make sure you have killed the bacteria. Chronic Lyme related issues kill people, so better safe than sorry.   A worldwide epidemic and the fastest growing vector born bacterial infection on the planet.  

Edited by Erik
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2