Ticks away!

Roby

Bit paranoid about the idea of wearing cloths impregnated with insecticides.

Suppose a dose  of  chemicals that kill ticks is less bad than getting lymes disease though

Safety

Permethrin has little systemic absorption, and is considered safe for topical use in adults and children over the age of 2 months. The FDA has assigned it as pregnancy category B. Animal studies have shown no effects on fertility or teratogenicity, but studies in humans have not been performed. The excretion of permethrin in breastmilk is unknown, and breastfeeding is recommended to be temporarily discontinued during treatment.[11]

According to the Connecticut Department of Public Health, permethrin "has low mammalian toxicity, is poorly absorbed through the skin, and is rapidly inactivated by the body. Skin reactions have been uncommon."[14]

Excessive exposure to permethrin can cause nausea, headache, muscle weakness, excessive salivation, shortness of breath, and seizures. Worker exposure to the chemical can be monitored by measurement of the urinary metabolites, while severe overdose may be confirmed by measurement of permethrin in serum or blood plasma.[15]

Permethrin does not present any notable genotoxicity or immunotoxicity in humans and farm animals, but is classified by the EPA as a likely human carcinogen, based on reproducible studies in which mice fed permethrin developed liver and lung tumors.[16] It is known to be highly toxic to fish and aquatic species.[17]

Weirdly it kills/f88ks up  cats  .....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=aSyGXP-IIIKX1fAP3JKJoAg&q=permethrin+cats&oq=permethrin+cats&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l2j0i22i30l8.30018.31118..31461...0.0..0.68.238.4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67.zrlBhF5cwIQ

Edited by Stere

21 hours ago, Les Cork said:

SIP Canopy and W-air chainsaw trousers have integral Tick/sawdust gaiters you can also get these

https://sip-protection.com/en/p/1sxta2pae

Any Workware dealer can get them.

These are another layer!!! Nooo:) I prefer shorts.

I'd like something that scares these f-ers away but not a chemical. 

I know they hate Levander and Rosemary...

38 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I didn't mean to be, the only thing I have used ladies's tights for is to go round air filters in dusty conditions but I'd have no problem wearing them if ticks or midges cannot bite through them.

I've worn them in the past under my strides when we used to get bitter cold winters but that seems not to be any more .  Not against ticks  but to keep warm obviously !