Dosko / Danequip grinder

danroker1987

Dont know setup on them but are they v belts from engine to cutter wheel? If so how many?

look at the pulleys they sit in, they can wear and have a ridge at the top that gets sharp, also if theyre not inline thay can bugger them. Also if too tight and your rough arse when grinding. Also if your running blunt teeth.

lots to consider

Edited by swinny

Also it if you got machine second hand it may be that someone has put the wrong belts on in the past and you just keep getting the same belts as going off numbers on old belts.

i had this on my vermeer 252 someone put wrong belts on and they were a softer compound and sat too far in the pulley. Dealer belts sorted that

10 hours ago, danroker1987 said:

Hello all 

Does anyone know why our dosko grinder is going through the wheel drive belts like theres no tomorrow ? any common reasons why this is happening ?

Thank you 

Dan I would have thought this is just a belt alignment or tensioner issue, its not hard to check with a straight edge.

image.jpeg.80d0aa765da7c5e95e1c230d61c003db.jpeg

Also worth noting on any machine with multiples of belts to make sure you buy matched sets, belts come + or - a few mm as acceptable limits and the only way to get a matched set ( exactly the same length) is to request they come from the same batch. When buying belts from a supplier its very easy to end up with one belt on the bottom limit and one on the top, you go to tension and one will be loose leaving the tight one doing all the work, after a few re tightens the tight one ends up knobbed in the bottom of the groove doing feck all and the one that was loose is then doing all the work. Hope this makes sense.

Bob
Edited by aspenarb
fat fingers
  • Like 4

Hi Dan,

I have a danequip grinder which is pretty much identical to your Dosko.  If it is the hydrostatic belt that you are wearing through then it is likely to be a tensioning issue.  I had the same problem and was using a new belt in about 1 hour until I got the tension right, which took about three attempts.

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2019 at 17:26, Sequoia said:

Hi Dan,

I have a danequip grinder which is pretty much identical to your Dosko.  If it is the hydrostatic belt that you are wearing through then it is likely to be a tensioning issue.  I had the same problem and was using a new belt in about 1 hour until I got the tension right, which took about three attempts.

What was the issue, too tight or too loose?