Which Forestry Safety helmet ?

cessna

TMany thanks for all your helpful replies.

I will take helmet back to local dealer who I bought from and try and get it replaced. One good reason I buy chainsaws etc locally is one can just get in the truck and take it back immediately no messing about unlike buying on line,but everyone to their own in business. Thanks again

PS  Ear defender swivel sockets look to be the same type on all the Husvarna Helmets, and very similar on  Stihl helmets,perhaps they are all made by the same company but branded accordingly.?

Edited by cessna

I had a lot of bother with the ear defender popping out when I first got the Husky Technical helmet, then one day it just popped back in perfectly and been fine ever since.  Not sure what I did differently, it looked alright, but was forever popping out.  Must be something subtle I'd missed.

Guest Gimlet

Can't stand helmets that have soft foam on the headband which soaks up sweat and stays wet and clammy all day. 

Next one will have to be leather or non-absorbent dense foam.

stihl expert helmet for me and just replaced my boots with some meindl wood walkers but they need softening up some how just a bit on the stiff side at the moment, not whereing them every day yet still using old ones a couple of days a week and they are a pair of stihl rangers had them since sept 2013 and just started to fall apart in last few months but they are so comfy ok not worn every day but i would say 60-70% of the time and the soles are still in good condition with loads of tread left but hardly see tarmac or concrete just on the woodland floor most of the time,

Don't think you'll have any problems with the Wood Walkers.  Mine were frighteningly tight out of the box but the leather quickly warmed, softened and stretched so that after a couple of days wear they were really comfortable.

• 1 year later...