Which Forestry Safety helmet ?

cessna

Rubber swimming cap and walk on the water sandals . [emoji846]

I never received my cap and sandals! [emoji15] And to say i defended you against all members on here over you senile tendencies. How rude!!! [emoji39]

• Haha 1

Husqvarna Technical Forest is the best cheap option, light, breathable but the visors are flimsy, I keep mine in the box it comes in, doesn’t roll about in the truck and isn’t in the UV when I am not at work like all the Arb guys helmets I see on the dashboards of their transit tippers.

I have avoided buying a Protos helmet for the last couple of years awaiting another option that hasn’t arrived, I purchased one last week from Joneses, with the correct adjustments the ear defenders work perfectly well, I finally conceded that looking like a total bell end was the price I had to pay to help make sure I get home to my two kids, It really is a great bit of design.

I have found the Husqvarna Technical Extreme trousers to be the lightest and best fit of any I have had in 20 years, pretty durable too with good ventilation, the Technical Robust are even more durable and the crotch hasn’t fell out of any of them.

Buy boots from boot manufacturers  like 

Meindl or Haix, just try several options, Haix are too wide fitting for me, I have had Treemme boots also (Italian boot maker) they have been excellent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steve collins said:

Just got a protos, have used the husky helmets for years then got twatted by some blow back felling and thought i need to invest in my head as much as i do my feet and legs for protection.

Good Boots and trousers are £150 + each so why save on protecting your brain as that's the most important part, just my thoughts

Hope you're ok, mate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cessna said:

Due to running over my old Forestry Safety helmet I need to replace it.  I bought a Husvarna "Classic" helmet last week but one of the ear protector swivels has already broke seems a very flimsy  idea to me for forestry work, where kit gets some stick.   Which safety helmet can any of you professional full time foresters recommend.  Also out of interest what boots do you wear, do they last long however much one pays for them?Quality of work clothing,footwear seems poor these days relative to how much it costs.   Durabilty and comfort more important to me than price to me, and I have no preference for any brand name.  

I didn't know where  to put this thread so have put it here.   

If the ear muff is popping out of the holder then get it replaced under warranty.

The Technical helmet is extremely good, very popular and  there are a few nice features. The visor can be a bit fragile, just dont throw it in the back of the van with the rest of the kit.

Boots, call into your nearest dealer no matter how far away they are, there is no better advice than to try them on. Goes for trousers and harnesses. No offence to all but the conflicting advice on what is the best PPE is astounding, you need to experience it first hand.

• Like 1