CIS payment

Funky munkey

I thought CIS was a scam[emoji849]
Turns out it's mandatory. [emoji51]
Just means less tax to pay or a nice little cheque in the post eventually [emoji3]
I do begrudge loaning the government money though, only for the fact it's a one way street.
[emoji848]

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

I thought CIS was a scamemoji849.png
Turns out it's mandatory. emoji51.png
Just means less tax to pay or a nice little cheque in the post eventually emoji3.png
I do begrudge loaning the government money though, only for the fact it's a one way street.
emoji848.png

Loaning the government money? Do you pay for your chainsaw at the end of the year? I’m sure Tesco’s would be upset if you didn’t pay for the food when you left the store. I can’t see what the fuss is about 

Loaning the government money? Do you pay for your chainsaw at the end of the year? I’m sure Tesco’s would be upset if you didn’t pay for the food when you left the store. I can’t see what the fuss is about 
Your almost contradicting yourself here.
Of course we pay for these things at the time of purchase and in full then the seller is responsible for declaration of tax due on this sale, we don't say we will hold onto some of the value and pay the tax on there behalf at the end of the quarter then it's up the them to claim back any difference so why should it be any different when we sell something in this case our time and skill to the construction industry.
The whole thing was established to stop single person labor only businesses getting into trouble by not being able to to pay the tax or even not declaring earnings at all so are forced to overpay to make sure they declare everything in order to get back what is due therfore can also be means tested and monitored easier for such things as benefits.
What I find strange is that a architect or a surveyor is not covered under the scheme even though effectively only providing time and skill.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dumper said:

It’s not fuss, it’s discussion.

Impeccable logic [emoji848]
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

I thought CIS was a scamemoji849.png
Turns out it's mandatory. emoji51.png
Just means less tax to pay or a nice little cheque in the post eventually emoji3.png
emoji848.png

just think of it as your hard earned tax being given to feckless scum to watch sky tv in their free house. Labour is great....

I try not.

2 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

Just register as gross contractor then when you give your cis number nothing is deducted 

HMRC decide what your stopped as I said earlier. good record of paying tax and can demonstrate high 4 figures in the bank and you will get 0% no problem.

5 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

Just register as gross contractor then when you give your cis number nothing is deducted 

If its the same system as the construction industry then you will need to have a large turnover to be tax exempt and they will give you a system to use to give to your contractors to say you pay your own tax,Just need a UTR number for cis 20 % deduction.

Edited by topchippyles