Climate change anyone?

the village idiot

Global warming, climate change, sciencetists, and Dr of science and a professor what are they ?????

global warming has all ways been here and all ways will ? its just that some bright spark who gets paid a lot of money for doing not a lot once noticed it and mentioned it in parliment, so that gave them all some thing to talk about for weeks months and now years, 

i once had a phone call from Greenpeace and they asked me if i would like to contribute to saving the Polar ice cap, i asked how are we going to do that, are we going to go to Currys and buy a shed load of freezers and take them up there and plug em in and leave the doors open? i all so pointed out that about 2 million years ago 60% of europe was covered in ice, but it ain,t now so when did global warming start ? 

Climate change again all ways been here and all ways will, but we as human beings are contributing to it every day and one thing that i cant really understand is RHI payments ? there is one bloke in the goverment handing out money generally to people who have plenty of money to start with, if you put these boilers in and burn wood we will pay well you to do it and we will call it the renewable heat incentive, because i have some forms and i need to tick some boxes, then sat across from him in parliment is another bloke and he is banging on about global warming, both are being paid to do a job but one is creating something for the other to sort out,?, do they really no what they are doing ?,

scientists and Dr,s, in my view a scientist is some one who has read a few books and learnt a bit (generally a load of shite) then do a exam or 2 and get a degree ( measurment of heat or incline) the ony thing they know is what has been found all ready, proberbly the most famouse sieentist of all was Izak newton who invented gravity but that was and had all ways been there,? Dr is some one you go and see when your ill and a sterling job they do, but we have these other Dr,s like a Dr of science or a Dr of engineering now in my book these are what i call a Dr of fuck all because they arnt much good if your ill,

top and bottom of it is not a lot of them know much and do even less in there working day, abck in the early 70s the osmonds had a hit with crazy horses, at the time it was thought to be about people taking LSD and pot heads smoking crack etc BUT it was,nt it was about american cars all being v6 & v8s and little mpg and the emmissions they created but no one took any notice and again in the 70s it was mentioned in a episode of Rising damp about deoderant spays making a hole in te ozone layer and the same issue was later mentioned in a episode of Poridge with the late great Ronnie Barker.

So where does that leave us ? to some it up, up shit creak with out a paddle big time, as soon as the Goverment of not only the UK but all countrys start learning to comunicate with each other in there respected places and start to work together things may happen, and the perfect example of how things are run and organised is whats going on with Brexit how long does it take, i would say NOT long if your know what your doing, as many other people say are goverment are about as much use as a windsreen wiper on a submarine, and Brexit is that not what happens when a big fat lass from Barnsley sits in a plasstic patio chair,

• Like 2

Global warming, climate change, sciencetists, and Dr of science and a professor what are they ?????
global warming has all ways been here and all ways will ? its just that some bright spark who gets paid a lot of money for doing not a lot once noticed it and mentioned it in parliment, so that gave them all some thing to talk about for weeks months and now years, 
i once had a phone call from Greenpeace and they asked me if i would like to contribute to saving the Polar ice cap, i asked how are we going to do that, are we going to go to Currys and buy a shed load of freezers and take them up there and plug em in and leave the doors open? i all so pointed out that about 2 million years ago 60% of europe was covered in ice, but it ain,t now so when did global warming start ? 
Climate change again all ways been here and all ways will, but we as human beings are contributing to it every day and one thing that i cant really understand is RHI payments ? there is one bloke in the goverment handing out money generally to people who have plenty of money to start with, if you put these boilers in and burn wood we will pay well you to do it and we will call it the renewable heat incentive, because i have some forms and i need to tick some boxes, then sat across from him in parliment is another bloke and he is banging on about global warming, both are being paid to do a job but one is creating something for the other to sort out,?, do they really no what they are doing ?,
scientists and Dr,s, in my view a scientist is some one who has read a few books and learnt a bit (generally a load of shite) then do a exam or 2 and get a degree ( measurment of heat or incline) the ony thing they know is what has been found all ready, proberbly the most famouse sieentist of all was Izak newton who invented gravity but that was and had all ways been there,? Dr is some one you go and see when your ill and a sterling job they do, but we have these other Dr,s like a Dr of science or a Dr of engineering now in my book these are what i call a Dr of fuck all because they arnt much good if your ill,
top and bottom of it is not a lot of them know much and do even less in there working day, abck in the early 70s the osmonds had a hit with crazy horses, at the time it was thought to be about people taking LSD and pot heads smoking crack etc BUT it was,nt it was about american cars all being v6 & v8s and little mpg and the emmissions they created but no one took any notice and again in the 70s it was mentioned in a episode of Rising damp about deoderant spays making a hole in te ozone layer and the same issue was later mentioned in a episode of Poridge with the late great Ronnie Barker.
So where does that leave us ? to some it up, up shit creak with out a paddle big time, as soon as the Goverment of not only the UK but all countrys start learning to comunicate with each other in there respected places and start to work together things may happen, and the perfect example of how things are run and organised is whats going on with Brexit how long does it take, i would say NOT long if your know what your doing, as many other people say are goverment are about as much use as a windsreen wiper on a submarine, and Brexit is that not what happens when a big fat lass from Barnsley sits in a plasstic patio chair,

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] good en!!! Crying at your last comment! Nice one [emoji106]

Should glabal warming really exist, and im not convinced. 

If you boil it all down there is too many people on the planet. Before electric everyone burned fossil fuels for cooking/heating. We do the same now but more efficiently.

Is any of this going to change ? 

No.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

The Sulphur in the atmosphere idea is vastly cheaper, but risky. We would not be reducing atmospheric Co2, just building it up to ever greater levels, so if the Sulphur pumping ever went offline for any reason we would be toast

Yes - almost making it acceptable to keep polluting, not addressing the root causes

Another option on the table at the UN must be to successfully invade another planet similar to Earth and claim it for ourselves

One look at this thread and it's easy to see why we are not making progress at an individual level if many still don't think climate change is even a thing. The climate has changed over time for sure but never the rate of change we are seeing now. The best evidence I see is the simple facts that things which were just hypothesized just 10s of years ago are happening now not in some distant future but right now. As was mentioned earlier the temps we had in February were staggering really. New record highs for England, Scotland and Wales and the old records broken by large amounts, not the usuall 0.1C sort of thing

I would be interested to hear what it would take to convince the naysayers of man-made climate change.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 5

not that I haven't mentioned it before but its worth repeating as its a subject I've done some research on..   

My own pet theory was climate change was being promoted in lieu of the real upcoming crisis that will end it all for all of us..  The upcoming oil crisis..  seeing as you can't exactly speak on that subject without scarring people to death I thought the elite were using climate change to promote environmental issues to get us to use less oils and natural resources to give us time to find alternatives...

I still believe that to be true, but I also believe climate change is real and is caused by industrial pollution over time..   there isn't any doubt in my mind, I've seen the evidence presented by a real scientists who knows what they're talking about..  

My road to Damascus moment happened last yr with me in regards this issue and how grave it is gonna be going forward..  I used to think the oil crisis was the real worry and climate change secondary..  while musing on the hot summer last yr and its causes though, the penny finally dropped..

The Jet stream..

Never entered my head that that might be effected..  last yr it did..  the jet stream stayed north last summer, explained why we had a hot summer..  what happens if it stayed up there every yr I thought?..

fk, thats the key to it all.....   if the ice caps lose volume then thats exactly likely to be the result..

not only that it will cause a runaway effect and cause more ice to melt, causing the jet stream to idle about up there over many summers at a time..   crop yealds will fall, water shortages will be commonplace.. the middle east will burn like a desert even more than it does today..  causing pressure on migration to the North..

I don't think anyone understands how important the jet stream is..  how its the canary in the coal mine in regards climate change..  if that fks up, we'll know we're heading to something pretty unpleasant..  I regard that as even more worrying than the end of the oil age..