the village idiot

Climate change anyone?

maybe sterilise the Jeremy Kyle demographic😊

KJ, I see a use for that rather neat label, I shall therefore file it away for future use.

P.S.

Would you still allow them to vote?

• Haha 1

Assuming you believe humans cause it, or most of it (I don't) then anything we do is pretty meaningless and symbolic at best. China, India, Russia, USA etc. There's a lot of people in the world who want a better standard of living, and their children will want a better standard too. And they will have it, by fair means or foul. And I'm fairly sure they don't believe in AGW, or, if they do, don't care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/05/2019 at 17:37, Baldbloke said:

Then there’s the possibility of a volcanic eruption that spews enough crap into the atmosphere to makes our efforts of killing our planet small beer.

Are you sure about that?  https://www.quora.com/How-long-would-it-take-for-humans-to-produce-the-same-amount-of-CO2-that-Mount-St-Helens-ejected

• Like 1

Facts: never let then get in the way of having crazy opinions on things 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/05/2019 at 21:13, difflock said:

maybe sterilise the Jeremy Kyle demographic😊

KJ, I see a use for that rather neat label, I shall therefore file it away for future use.

P.S.

Would you still allow them to vote?

.......vote ? Are you mad ? Biggest decision they made was forgetting condoms on shopping list ! K

10 hours ago, Khriss said:

.......vote ? Are you mad ? Biggest decision they made was forgetting condoms on shopping list ! K

I not unreasonably believe "these" people do not use shopping lists, at all, ever.

Anyway to use such a list would require the ability to both write and read.

So definitely not the case.

P.S.

I once read a very good novel set in the period of the Roman Empire's zenith, the author chose to refer to such people as "the headcount", since they were not allowed to vote.

That seemed to be such a sound, well grounded decision.

Oops, I fear I am starting to sound like Big J.

MTH

Edit, why does "headcount" make me imagine Lice?

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Stere said:

Prog was on last night, alot of the plasic the UK is  "recycling"  is ending up dumped in Malaysia alot  burn't  on a large scale...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48572167

Sweden apparently takes a fair amount of our baled plastic waste for burning in their combined heat and power/district heating schemes.

I think exported plastic waste is the chief source of ocean plastic forests, the people are paid to take it off our hands and simply dump what they cannot use into the nearest river.

This export should never have happened as the rules were that waste had to be dealt with locally, it seems it was the "packing recycling credits" that were allowed to breach this ban by claiming the waste was recycled and hence no longer waste.

The more insidious micro plastic which is now found in marine creatures and us if we eat them is more likely from the waste water from washing machines which beat little fibrils from our clothing as it is washed.

• Like 1

Canada recently shipped 40 odd containers of recyclable plastic to Indonesia. When the containers we're unpacked it was found the plasic was pure rubbish. President Duterte demanded that Canada take it back, and Trudeau gave him the run-around, so Duterte lost his cool and threatened to declare war on Canada if they didn't take back their rubbish. They took it back.

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 1