Climate change anyone?

the village idiot

Difficult one this. 

Dutch Elm disease - end of the woods! 

Nuclear hydrogen bombs- nuclear winter! 

GM wheat- collapse of the food chain! 

Niconitoide herbicides - end of the bees! 

But I look out of my window and it's fine. And was everytime there's shouts of end of days. This biblical bollocks just ain't enough. K

( an not been hording marmite cos Brexit either....) 

• Like 3

I am not sure if I linked the video(and do we still say that?) that I came across on YouTube, postulating that the current hysteria regarding Global Warming/Cooling/cant-quite-decide/lets-call-it/Climate Change, was merely the latest manifestation of the "we are doomed/the world ends tomorrow" sandwich board shit that has been plaguing mankind since recorded history began.

I would tend to believe such a postulation.

mth 

• Like 1

Am sure there is a lot of well-meaning but attention-seeking in all of this. Problems beset you in life but squealing abt every issue you can read online abt ain't enuff. Deal with what you can make a difference in. K

3 hours ago, difflock said:

I am not sure if I linked the video(and do we still say that?) that I came across on YouTube, postulating that the current hysteria regarding Global Warming/Cooling/cant-quite-decide/lets-call-it/Climate Change, was merely the latest manifestation of the "we are doomed/the world ends tomorrow" sandwich board shit that has been plaguing mankind since recorded history began.

I would tend to believe such a postulation.

mth 

My thoughts exactly. With the general decline in religiosity, people still have a built-in need to fear an apocalyptic "something", it's been in our genes for hundreds of thousands of years. And something to feel guilty about as well. Add it to the long long list of failed predictions. of doom..

2 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

My thoughts exactly. With the general decline in religiosity, people still have a built-in need to fear an apocalyptic "something", it's been in our genes for hundreds of thousands of years. And something to feel guilty about as well. Add it to the long long list of failed predictions. of doom..

Religion took our natural fears and fed them. We all have anamilistic responses hardwired into us.
I do think that the environment is worth looking after whether you believe the hype or not. I used to want to wreck the place, now I want to leave no trace, bar a couple of sculptures.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, difflock said:

I understand that Virtue signalling about such "big" matters is so much more popular than sorting out ones own dysfunctional life, lovelife or finances.

So the academic work that has been done - too dull and difficult to read? Rather get your opinions via Youtube?

introcharts2.thumb.jpg.4f09f92b6dc3f5f0b68a503593cf1ec6.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...