Anyone run a Ifor Williams GX106?

swinny

Just wondering if anyone runs an ifor GX106?

If so how do you find it? and how do they hold together as seem to be peppered with rivets!

Im looking to change my gd105. 

Main uses are to carry machinery grinder and chipper. Im wanting to go for the 6' wide one so i can get both tracky and grinder on side by side.... Also use it for removal of logs on some jobs where necessary...

I just find the gd trailer a bit soft and do not like the 13" tyres on them. I think the 12" wheels and tyres on the gx will be a lot better for the job/ carry weight better. I think the gx models are twin leaf spring also whereas the gd are only a single.

Anyhow just wondering if anyone has one as going to local dealer tomorrow to look at / buy one.

Cheers Chris

Edited by swinny

Bought a well used second hand one three years ago and it has been used for a three ton digger, mewp, logs, mowers, clippings, cement, gravel etc.. showing it's age now (18years) some rivets have popped on one side recently but they are easily replaced. The floor needs replacing too but they are Very well built trailers. I think the newer ones may be a bit lighter.. wide on narrow roads though..  and rattley 

2 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Bought a well used second hand one three years ago and it has been used for a three ton digger, mewp, logs, mowers, clippings, cement, gravel etc.. showing it's age now (18years) some rivets have popped on one side recently but they are easily replaced. The floor needs replacing too but they are Very well built trailers. I think the newer ones may be a bit lighter.. wide on narrow roads though..  and rattley 

They are a wide trailer at 2.3m if towing with narrow truck.

Edited by woody paul

4 minutes ago, woody paul said:

They are a wide trailer at 2.3m if towing with narrow truck.

Towing it with a hilux usually so it's width becomes very noticeable. Have to say it's the most stable trailer I have ever owned. The stone walls and poor road edges around some of these parts do take their toll on tyres. 

26 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Towing it with a hilux usually so it's width becomes very noticeable. Have to say it's the most stable trailer I have ever owned. The stone walls and poor road edges around some of these parts do take their toll on tyres. 

It will be to go behind a renault master tipper and a ford ranger.

Wont carry masses of weight maybe 2 ton but require more stable trailer with a little more room.

2 minutes ago, swinny said:

It will be to go behind a renault master tipper and a ford ranger.

Wont carry masses of weight maybe 2 ton but require more stable trailer with a little more room.

They handle weight well, there is a strong subfloor compared to the gp trailers. mine has the bucket rest level with the floor, some have it raised, depends what machine you have which one suits. The width is something you get used to, it can catch you out turning in tighter places as the wheels do stick out. 

Stability is fantastic.