Firewood jokers

Jack.P

Just been looking at what firewood is on ebay .came across an advert Which made me laugh they are trying to get someone to takedown a tree for free firewood and all brash must also be take away lol .the tree in question is sycamore located next to public road and looks like the tree it's probably council owned so someone could potentially get into some trouble, .with an amateur woodcutter it could easily fall on the house or block the road so not such good money saving from the seller after all .not only would someone have to rig it down .dispose /chip brash and process the firewood then season it what a ridiculous waste of time for a small amount of wood 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

there is several addverts like this on f book and other sites they are truely taking the piss, one add read very large oak tree that i want removing from the bottom of my garden main trunk is 40 inch in diameter so exellent for making something out of, i would like someone to take tree down and remove trunk and the small branches in exchange for this very valubable piece of timber as i would like to keep the log wood for my fire, tree must be 200 year old and weigh in excess of 20 tonne, one guy i know went for a look and tree was about 40 cm not inches rotten at the base and full of nails where some kids had had a tree house in it, to remove was up a incline of about 20 degrees on a lawn for approx 25 mtr then a flight of 8 steps then round to the front, this is about 3 yr ago hence the tree is still there when john looked at said tree he explained that it was of no value to any 1 and gave him a price of £600 to remove was told it was to expensive, unfortunatly this is what we have to deal with at times,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't get worked up about these ads.

They are just people with no idea of reality.

The sort of 'gumby' who might be tempted is never going to be a long-term (or even short-term) threat to professional tree surgeons.

How many of these chancers ever get a result?

I'm concentrating on sensible customers enquiries.

• Like 2

Had a local landowner approach me not so long ago, telling me how much free firewood he had available.. ivy clad spruce and syc leaning over buildings and road, crap access and generally a tangled mess of leaning and hung up hazards. Wouldn't do it for 3k never mind for the firewood. A proper hardship job.

On the other hand a neighbour offered me a fallen beech if I cut the small branches into rings. He got a trailer load of handy sized wood and I got a section of millable trunk and about 5 cubes of logs.

Had to laugh yesterday when a lady who had asked me a year ago to remove 4 sycamores from around her house called me again, she had been trying to sell the (standing) timber for the last year to offset the cost of having the trees removed. She was disgusted that nobody had offered her anything but said to go ahead on condition that we stack the timber as she hopes to sell it once the trees are.down!
I expect the pile will be there in 10 years time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Had a local landowner approach me not so long ago, telling me how much free firewood he had available.. ivy clad spruce and syc leaning over buildings and road, crap access and generally a tangled mess of leaning and hung up hazards. Wouldn't do it for 3k never mind for the firewood. A proper hardship job.

On the other hand a neighbour offered me a fallen beech if I cut the small branches into rings. He got a trailer load of handy sized wood and I got a section of millable trunk and about 5 cubes of logs.

Had to laugh yesterday when a lady who had asked me a year ago to remove 4 sycamores from around her house called me again, she had been trying to sell the (standing) timber for the last year to offset the cost of having the trees removed. She was disgusted that nobody had offered her anything but said to go ahead on condition that we stack the timber as she hopes to sell it once the trees are.down!
I expect the pile will be there in 10 years time.

we do a fair bit for one of the UKs major forestry co and one of our tasks is clearing windblown that is over boundry fences/walls a few of the farmers we have got to know well and when we go and ask if its ok to access the trees from there land they allways ask what are you doing with the wood, and can we have it, so we leave it on there side of the fence/wall which saves us chucking it back over and there are piles of timber still there that we left over 10 years ago that are just about compost now,

• Like 2

This Ad on ebay is the biggest P take I have seen yet, just £20 per tree ,you pay to cut.

Tree logs for Firewood available.Tree(s) to be cut down and logs taken away.
Choice of three different trees as per different photos.

Some trees may need to be climbed to safely cut. Otherwise can be cut at the bottom.

Cash on collection. £20 per tree. Happy to answer questions.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, woodlovergonetofbasthatshowitsdonenowadays:( said:
This Ad on ebay is the biggest P take I have seen yet, just £20 per tree ,you pay to cut.

Tree logs for Firewood available.Tree(s) to be cut down and logs taken away.
Choice of three different trees as per different photos.

Some trees may need to be climbed to safely cut. Otherwise can be cut at the bottom.

Cash on collection. £20 per tree. Happy to answer questions.

if i was only closer ????

• Haha 3