4x4 pick ups

woodman

Looks smart Jack.
How are you finding it in day-to-day arb work?

Works well for us mark we really like it. My boss bought it last year after our lease was up on our transit. We also have a Isuzu which tows the tipping trailer. So we chip into that and the hilux. I think the hilux would be a bit small for chip capacity if you were only to have that vehicle but with the trailer it works well.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jackrs1 said:

Works well for us mark we really like it. My boss bought it last year after our lease was up on our transit. We also have a Isuzu which tows the tipping trailer. So we chip into that and the hilux. I think the hilux would be a bit small for chip capacity if you were only to have that vehicle but with the trailer it works well.

Sounds like a very good setup vehicle wise 

is the Isuzu a pickup or a grafter(?) tipper? 

It’s a trap I fell into Mark, one vehicle that does it all, off road ability, tipping and looking smart.

Find the actual capacity, then reduce it by a fifth (what you can fit in in real life) understand it’ll drive like a drunken hippo fully laden, then you realise that it’s not compatible with real life tree work.
I'd disagree with this. It all depends on your business really. I've a dmax tipper with tool locker and 4 cubic meter chip box that I easily fill completely. When full it's right on its weight limit holding somewhere in the region of 1.3t of chip which no one with a van can say. It tows well, drives fine loaded, looks smart, gets 26-28 miles per gallon and has won me lots of jobs due to the ability to get to the tree instead of having to employ additional staff to drag brash. It's been a win win for me and a real game changer for my business
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Coletti said:
On 05/03/2019 at 22:08, Mick Dempsey said:
It’s a trap I fell into Mark, one vehicle that does it all, off road ability, tipping and looking smart.

Find the actual capacity, then reduce it by a fifth (what you can fit in in real life) understand it’ll drive like a drunken hippo fully laden, then you realise that it’s not compatible with real life tree work.

Read more  

I'd disagree with this. It all depends on your business really. I've a dmax tipper with tool locker and 4 cubic meter chip box that I easily fill completely. When full it's right on its weight limit holding somewhere in the region of 1.3t of chip which no one with a van can say. It tows well, drives fine loaded, looks smart, gets 26-28 miles per gallon and has won me lots of jobs due to the ability to get to the tree instead of having to employ additional staff to drag brash. It's been a win win for me and a real game changer for my business

Got a picture?

Got a picture?

Like I say, to discount them completely is silly as it's all down to the individual business. Admitidly I only run a one man band type business but still get some big jobs done in no more time than a lot of the big boys with big kit. If bulk chip or logs is required for removal then I use a tipper trailer but day to day the dmax is fine and works very well