Timberwolf 280 Owners And Operators

Treeman123

Hi Guys/Girls

I have had my TW280 now for over a year. I just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on the performance. I am having problems with branches getting stuck on the anvil and just stopping the rollers and just generally seems the rollers are week. Timberwolf keep saying they are going to do something about it but am not sure if they will. Anybody else had similar problems? Even my TW230 seems a better chipper 

Thanks

Joe 

390 hours i think 

I would check the anvil and roller box plate that goes on the front of the flywheel housing.
Prior to owning our current 280s a tracked and road tow. I had a 230 tracked and we wore a curve in the front roller box plate in less than three years. Which is best part of £3k repair. Our rollers were also struggling to feed and always caught on the anvil on the left hand side of the roller. Stopping the rollers feeding.

Currently our 280s are two months old one with around 80 hours and one with 30 hours. The tracked one is a brilliant chipper although we have had lots of problems with it. All of which have been sorted straight away and directly through Timberwolf Suffolk. Although currently the right hand track sometimes doesn’t want to engage on tick over and you have to increase the revs to make it work.
This should be sorted soon.
The road tow one has been fine, no problems whatsoever apart from the mudguards which are crap. They should of kept the old design that was on the 190. I can understand why they changed them but they are flimsy rubbish. I will be custom fitting something else soon.

I also have a schliesing 400u on my mog. The list of problems are non!

I would go direct to Timberwolf Suffolk

Good luck

Thanks for your reply's! 

It seems to be more if the branch end is not straight it bends down towards the anvil and makes contact with it stopping the rollers dead. It looks like the anvil needs to be lower or the power on the rollers needs to be turned up... pretty disappointing to be fair. It is a very reliable chipper tho