Battery chainsaw questionnaire

Charlie Allen

1 hour ago, westphalian said:

Yes rear and the wt of 200 with 0.9kg battery 

That must be the wee battery....the AP300 is 1.7 kg and the saw's 2.9 ..so 4.6 without oil.....so it's not exactly light, I did a lime re- pollard last week with mine, only the 2nd job but I love it already... did 2 cuts one handed with my arm fully extended and it's just about as heavy as I could cope with, { awaiting criticism } I think it's just about as good as the petrol alternative cutting speed wise and a lot less fuss....stihl had 2 bars left, as a non pro user doing a lot of wee jobs I can see it being my go to saw, cheers.

Edited by Macpherson
re
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 14/03/2019 at 10:20, MikePepler said:

Done! I've been using a battery chainsaw (536LiXP) for nearly a year now, alongside a couple of petrol ones, and it's been doing a great job.

Didn't realise you were a member on here - been reading your blog for a while. Just seen you've posted a video of some coppicing you did with an electric saw

Edited by spandit

7 hours ago, spandit said:

Didn't realise you were a member on here - been reading your blog for a while. Just seen you've posted a video of some coppicing you did with an electric saw

Thanks for reading, I don't get much time to post on it at the moment... Yes, used the battery husky for 99% of the coppicing last winter. Slower than the petrol but quieter and no exhaust fumes to inhale! ?

• Like 1

I was sent out a 535i XP a few weeks ago to try and I have been more than pleased with how it "runs" it came with the most powerful slot in battery Husqvarna do at the moment and by using the save setting I got an hour and a bit felling and cleaning small Oak the other day (cutting a road in for forwarder) and it has taken up a full time spot in the back with the others. Very good for marking out sales ready for the harvester, as said above great with no fumes and quiet. An hour is a long walk in the woods when marking out and only some oil to carry.