Woodlands 130 loading options

Johnsond

That trailer really is the bogs dollocks. Almost a shame not to have any hydraulics mounted to it. Could be some money in building custom trailers for manual mills with additional hydraulics. They transform band milling.

1 minute ago, Big J said:

That trailer really is the bogs dollocks. Almost a shame not to have any hydraulics mounted to it. Could be some money in building custom trailers for manual mills with additional hydraulics. They transform band milling.

Cheers J 

Keen get away from the Brexit bickering this morning so spent a bit of time fettling. Hydraulics are on the to do list J, if you notice behind the A frame there is a space for a Honda gx and hyd pump, plan is for a log loader and a leveller at each end. Steel is well overstrength but that's intentional as hydraulics were always a long term plan. For now I need to get it going and get some use from it but I'll put the pics up if and when I get further on with the build. Not too shabby for an Idiot eh ??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

Nice job when you get the hydraulics done how much will it have cost you if you don’t mind me asking , bloody wish I could weld that good .

Cheers Mark

If I go for the hyd option I reckon I should come in at around £3500-4000 but there's a lot of free labour in there and I'm not really devoting all my time to it or watching the costs religiously.   The Honda motor etc I'd use for powering the hydraulics I already have but a second hand generator as a donor is not big money, I probably could have saved a fair chunk by going single axle etc but liked the twin axle set up better. As an off the shelf option for the loader Trakmet have been very helpfull with offering to supply the whole log loader assembly including lugs to weld to chassis which would be very easy set up and match to a hyd  power source. Before deciding which option I'll take I need to measure up the clearances and offset etc around the wheels to ensure it would work ok. 

IMG_0346.PNG

IMG_0345.PNG

IMG_0347.PNG

19 minutes ago, Forest2Furniture said:

On my trailer and on the ones woodlands do, the mud guards are removable to allow for ease of loading

Yeah the ones on mine are too, currently bolted but they will be replaced with QD set up once all painted and done, clearance over highest point of wheels and offset from chassis to make sure lifter radius is sufficient was my concern. 

Bit of progress with trailer/mill set up, got the mill lifted on and all the rails levelled in relation to chassis and trued up. 6 legs worked well and will easily level up the trailer. Shit day like sun one minute hailstones the next. 

IMG_0590.JPG

• Like 7