Woodlands 130 loading options

Johnsond

23 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Awesome! Looks bloody great!

Hit first snag about 2 mins after that pic was taken Andy, there's a bit of play in the legs where they slide onto the male on the mounting plate and if leg is leaning in the bottom of the mill is fouling on the top of the leg mechanism. Had to walk away for 5 mins bud pretty pissed off but hey ho a solution will have to be found. Shame as there was some smallish DF lying around that I was planning on trying everything out on. 

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Hit first snag about 2 mins after that pic was taken Andy, there's a bit of play in the legs where they slide onto the male on the mounting plate and if leg is leaning in the bottom of the mill is fouling on the top of the leg mechanism. Had to walk away for 5 mins bud pretty pissed off but hey ho a solution will have to be found. Shame as there was some smallish DF lying around that I was planning on trying everything out on. 

Ah bugger. :(

Yeh, best thing to do is walk away. Super frustrating though. I had an issue with the Logosol where I stretched the springs till they broke. Almost set up ready for my first cut before I went off-shore. So disappointing. 

Im sure you'll get it figured out soon enough. 

2 hours ago, CallumA said:

If the Jack's are bolt on you should fit in spacers that should let it clear! What size box did you use for the main frame?? Trailer looks awesome

120x60x5mm from Grampian steel in oldmeldrum. Reasonably priced and they deliver. 

Yeah that was one of options other suggested by a mate with a good lathe is to make up new male sections for the bolt on plates with an extra offset. Lost the light today so will have a good look tomorrow and hopefully come up with a plan. 

• 8 months later...

nice looking trailer, have you used the drawings that were originally on the woodland site, and had a little artistic licence. A quick look at your legs and they seem to have the female portion thats bolted onto the main trailer a lot shorter than whats on the woodland supplied one i have, they are also a very tight fight together. looking at the arm set up for hydraulic loadingthere appears to be a very short/long ratio on the actual lifting arm, great for a lot of travel on the lift, butvery limiting on what its actually capable of lifting, the stress on the area round the pivot point must be intense when a heavy log is being lifted. I am fortunate at the moment in the fact my own mill is set up in the woods and I've been able to run a basic skyline above it, a set of tongs on a cum-a-long provides the lift from ground  up onto the bed, not the quickest, but for the moment suffices.

6.jpg

1.jpg

6 hours ago, agrimog said:

nice looking trailer, have you used the drawings that were originally on the woodland site, and had a little artistic licence. A quick look at your legs and they seem to have the female portion thats bolted onto the main trailer a lot shorter than whats on the woodland supplied one i have, they are also a very tight fight together. looking at the arm set up for hydraulic loadingthere appears to be a very short/long ratio on the actual lifting arm, great for a lot of travel on the lift, butvery limiting on what its actually capable of lifting, the stress on the area round the pivot point must be intense when a heavy log is being lifted. I am fortunate at the moment in the fact my own mill is set up in the woods and I've been able to run a basic skyline above it, a set of tongs on a cum-a-long provides the lift from ground  up onto the bed, not the quickest, but for the moment suffices.

6.jpg

1.jpg

Hi good to talk about something other than bloody politics ?

No the trailer was just fag packet engineered to tell truth bud. The leg issue was sorted with a bit of fabrication as per pic, no big hassle just an annoying oversight on the day. Not sure what you mean by tight fit ?? But if you mean 6 legs instead of 4 then I always tend to over spec stuff ?‍♂️. I see what you mean ref hydraulic lifter and angles etc for rams but I guess the woodmizer lifter is pretty similar too. The hydraulic side of things are on hold due to work and loads of other commitments etc etc. I made the ramps and winch set up in pics using an old superwinch s2500 I had lying around for around £150302E0ACF-104D-4980-9248-F8FEA1276893.thumb.png.6294fdd1eb548a043b89e8f24d3549e7.png so for now it will do. The limiting factor when cutting is me as I’m often stopping and measuring etc to get most out of the log, the ability to look at and read a log so to speak is I guess a skill learned. 

E016D38C-FF80-4079-B0FF-DF921C9CA3A9.png

• Like 1