661 or 500i??

Joe087623

5 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

No it won't.
A 500i slows to 10krpm in the wood, whereas a 461 will hold 11k+.
Be good to test in different diameter wood against a 461 and 661.
emoji106.png

He has used one, surely he should know?

Did you run a tach on the saw? :)

Meh.

The new saws are ok.
The 500i was fan fared by stihl claiming to have the power of a 90cc whilst the weight of a 70cc.
It doesn't.
The stihl technician informed me about the rpm drop before I began cutting.
Amateur [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Who cuts disco biscuits for a living?
[emoji12][emoji106]

• Like 2

Well i just dont see the point of arguments like this, when 99% of the people stating what will cut what and what saw will be best when they have never seen one yet alone used one, i just see it as stihl and husky competing with each other, for me its the old school toys as the more technolagie that goes in to saws the more time they will spend in a workshop when they go wrong, i was thinking about a 462 but having second thoughts now after spending last thursday with a lad who has had one since last may, ok revs its nuts off cuts well but has blown the bottom end out all ready, 8 wk with out it and from what he said its a 362 bottom end and i allways under stood if you more power through something you should uprate some moving parts ?, i see trouble ahead captain, for me its 461 660 but i do have a old 460 that i used yesterday first time for a while and it seems to be better than the newish 461 i own,now weather the 460 has been played with i dont know but the 460 461 & 660 i can fix myself 462 ? and 500i i dont think so and it will be some time before the stihl mechanics get up to speed on repairing them, and its got a primmer bulb just like a ryobi or a bag of shit saw out of B&Q, thats going backwards to me and something else to go wrong, so to top it off i just dont see the point of buying the new modles till they have been out some time like 2 or 3 years but some lads will buy them as soon as they hit the dealers just to say they have one, and sorry but its these lads who are going to be saying either best saw i have ever had or biggest bag of shit i ever bought, lets see what happens,

• Like 5

Well i just dont see the point of arguments like this, when 99% of the people stating what will cut what and what saw will be best when they have never seen one yet alone used one, i just see it as stihl and husky competing with each other, for me its the old school toys as the more technolagie that goes in to saws the more time they will spend in a workshop when they go wrong, i was thinking about a 462 but having second thoughts now after spending last thursday with a lad who has had one since last may, ok revs its nuts off cuts well but has blown the bottom end out all ready, 8 wk with out it and from what he said its a 362 bottom end and i allways under stood if you more power through something you should uprate some moving parts ?, i see trouble ahead captain, for me its 461 660 but i do have a old 460 that i used yesterday first time for a while and it seems to be better than the newish 461 i own,now weather the 460 has been played with i dont know but the 460 461 & 660 i can fix myself 462 ? and 500i i dont think so and it will be some time before the stihl mechanics get up to speed on repairing them, and its got a primmer bulb just like a ryobi or a bag of shit saw out of B&Q, thats going backwards to me and something else to go wrong, so to top it off i just dont see the point of buying the new modles till they have been out some time like 2 or 3 years but some lads will buy them as soon as they hit the dealers just to say they have one, and sorry but its these lads who are going to be saying either best saw i have ever had or biggest bag of shit i ever bought, lets see what happens,

You not interested in the 500i then? [emoji16]

14 minutes ago, Tommy_B said:

The 500i is already out in some parts of Europe so hopefully all the teething issues should be ironed out by the time it's released here

Where have you seen (heard it’s) it on sale? I’ve seen a vid from it somewhere in Eastern Europe, not sure if that was a demo or someone’s purchase.

1 hour ago, spuddog0507 said:

was it darren you were speaking to?? saws are going same way as cars, just glad i got hold of some new 3 series husqvarnas as i have a big box of spares so should keep me going till i cant cut no more

• Like 2