Echo 2511 woes?

buffalo606

49 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Love these saws but it really bugs me that they dont just run like any other saw!

I bloody love the weight and the power especially after being ported but its always had an air filter that is very easily clogged and these recent ticking over issues really are making it a bit harder to like

On 03/04/2019 at 22:18, spudulike said:

Not sure why increasing the idle speed has made it unusable as it would normally just increase the idle speed unless you undid the screw thus slowing it down!

The Echo is a sod of a saw to get right and have recently found that the saws idle speed will drop around 3-500rpm when hung vertically. I have been through the saw I had in and found it to be the vibration in the saw when hung vertically and did get a very Heath Robinson fix on it as found there was nothing else wrong with it.

The idle issue may be an issue with one component with the carb but may also be just a small tweak - as I said, these saws are fussy....very damn fussy!

It seems these issues are in the past for the "laser-etched" models. Also interesting if OP's unit has an orange primer bulb or black? This was also implemented as a treatment for unstable idle.

It seems these issues are in the past for the "laser-etched" models. Also interesting if OP's unit has an orange primer bulb or black? This was also implemented as a treatment for unstable idle.
Literally change the primer or just that the models with the black primer have been upgraded in some other way?

5 minutes ago, billpierce said:
44 minutes ago, Piston Skirt said:

Literally change the primer or just that the models with the black primer have been upgraded in some other way?

First update was a black-background primer to address some possible idling stability issues. Now the 2019 models with laser-etched serials additionally have larger gap spark plugs and active idle ignition control for both improved work with alkylate fuel and even more stable idle.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Piston Skirt said:

First update was a black-background primer to address some possible idling stability issues. Now the 2019 models with laser-etched serials additionally have larger gap spark plugs and active idle ignition control for both improved work with alkylate fuel and even more stable idle.

Is it possible to fit the newer black primer and the newer spark plug to the older ones, circa 2017?

22 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Interesting, so Echo cocked up on a few items! I would be interested to try one of the latest ones as I have had to do a few tweaks to resolve the idle issue.

Almost every model has some minor updates. Most of the issues are very location and operation culture specific so no wonder they are tweaked out. Even good 'ol 420ES had it's cylinder/carburetor re-done just to adapt for Aspen. The updated active coil function for most recent 2511 basically seems to be by-product of EMS which holds idle rpm rock-solid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

Is it possible to fit the newer black primer and the newer spark plug to the older ones, circa 2017?

I'd just visit a nearest decent dealer - it's a direct simple swap for all older 2511 units (standard on a newer ones). Shouldn't cost much even if it won't be covered under warranty. Yet the idle problems are pretty rare so it's possible the dealer won't have it right away.

Large gap spark plug is a different story - possible only on 2019 made models.

Edited by Piston Skirt